1998 triton tr18, live well operation help please,

i have a 1998 triton tr18, my live well operation switches read, aerator port stbd or both and it does pump water into both tanks, then i have a timer mswitch that reads livewell man. timed and thats it no switch for time adjustment and when on timed i turn my aerator on and it does not operate , then i have a pump out switch says port stbd both and its pumps water out of wells, not sure how this works , when i turn on aerator is does begin to rais level it wells but if not it just has gravity level in both wells, theres 2 screened pipes coming into wells, any help appriciated, thanks.

2. Member
    I have a 99 TR18 so I suspect they are the same. Timer: Don't know why it isn't working, but when my boat was new, and I ran the timer, it cycled about every 45 seconds. Waaaay too often. I installed a timer from BPS that allowed me to range from manual up to seven minutes. In any event, there is a small round thingamabob wired to the timer switch. You would have to remove the four screws from the switch panel to pull it out a bit, and have access to that device.

Live wells. There should be a rubber plug for each live well. If this boat is new to you, and the plugs are not there, you can find a plugs at Lowes. Once plugged you can fill the wells above gravity level. There is an overflow, so too much water in the wells it not going to happen. The pump-out does just what it says it does: it will pump out the water from your PLUGGED wells. It they aren't plugged the water will all flow out when you put the boat on they trailer. (Pull them out in the winter.)

3. Member
    so plug wells, fill tanks using the aerator and get timer working and it will pump in fresh watermand overfill and go out the overflow correct? so if cant get timer working how long you suggest to run aerator ,,,, got tournement friday can manually do it until get timer working

4. Member
    Correct on the overflow. I have my timer set for 7 minutes, and that works for me, even with a good load in the well. A lot of that decision depends on how warm the water might be. It is going to be aggravating to do it manually, but depending up how many fish are in the well, I would go every 5 to 10 minutes, for 30 to 45 seconds or so.

5. Member
    thanks for all your help one more question, can you send me item number of the timer you bought, mine has the red cyl type timer behind switch panel but not sure of time cycle it does , thanks.

6. Member
    It is Bass Pro Shops Web ID: 37908, but it says it is no longer available online.

You might search for: Rig Rite Manufacturing 525 3 Pin Timer Pod Only Livewell
    That might be a direct replacement for your current module.

7. Member
    https://www.tritonboats.com/content/dam/wrmg-web/triton-boats/manuals/fresh-system-manual-2.pdf
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC