St Croix Legend Tournament Bass Spinning Rod - On The Water Experience??

Anyone out there have any actual on the water time with the new legend tournament bass spinning rods?? That you really like the look of the blue blank in the new real seat and handle, but I'm curious to know whether or not the sensitivity and feel is comparable to other rods at their price point, say the Shimano Expride for the Megabass Orochi lines of rods? I also wonder given that the blind material is very similar to the Victory line if there's any real true upgrade That would justify spending the extra money to buy the LTB rods??

Look forward to reading the experience people are having with this new version of the LTB rods.

2. Member
    spinning rod I have no experience with. I have the 7'3" H power finesse rod and love it! Very sensitive, light and well balanced with a tatula SV on it. I personally think there is enough difference in the balance, finish and blank material to justify spending the extra money, but the comparable victory rods I have are the 7'3" H flip'n model and the 7'4" H full contact. So not exactly the same, but the LTB feels much better and looks incredible. Here's a good write up by wired2fish on their experience with the new LTB spinning rod.
    https://www.wired2fish.com/tackle-re...ing-rod-review

3. Member
    Awesome article. Thanks for sharing.

4. Member
    I have the new LTB in 7’3” Medium XF Spinning. I haven’t used it yet, but I do have a size 4000 Daiwa Tatula LT on it and the balance is excellent, right there with the very best high end rods I own. The handle is very comfortable, probably the most comfortable of all my rods, and I have many. No time on the water yet to give you a function report. This particular rod has a very soft (ML) tip and a very stiff (M+) backbone. It doesn’t have much bend through the blank, it’s all tip. The Victory version of this rod has the exact same taper.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    I have the new LTB in 7’3” Medium XF Spinning. I haven’t used it yet, but I do have a size 4000 Daiwa Tatula LT on it and the balance is excellent, right there with the very best high end rods I own. The handle is very comfortable, probably the most comfortable of all my rods, and I have many. No time on the water yet to give you a function report. This particular rod has a very soft (ML) tip and a very stiff (M+) backbone. It doesn’t have much bend through the blank, it’s all tip. The Victory version of this rod has the exact same taper.
    Report back when you get some time on the water. Love to hear if it fishes to your expectations.