Charging Lithium with Verado

I have a Verado 250HP serial # 3B137985 that is powered by a 31 series AGM battery. I have a lithium 125amp house battery just for my electronics. I have 3 lithium 100 amps for the trolling motor. I have a 4 bank charger that just charges the 4 lithium batteries. What I'm running into is the electronics pull down the house battery more than the trolling motor batteries so when I get done with 2 days of fishing the house is at 40% and the trolling batteries are sometimes at 70-80%. I would like to have the Verado charge the house battery while running spot to spot. Any recommendations on the equipment that is needed and if charging lithium will the Verado is permitted. Thanks in advance

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The ONLY way I would attempt this would be to use an ACR or better yet, a Battery Isolator.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Not a verado. But I installed a battery isolator on my opti. Set up just as you got agm/lithum. Set up just as Don has suggested. Mine has worked perfectly!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    The Yandina Combiner works great. I have the exact setup with grp 31agm on the motor and a lithium for the electronics. The batteries are combined when charging and isolated when not. I have the lithium version. Works like a champ.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

5. Member
    Forgive my question but what is an ACR? Does the Yandina Combiner fall in that category?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Automatic Charge Relay (or Automatic Charging Relay).

Similar to the Yandina- I don't recommend this type of unit as it doesn't actually isolate the batteries (does just the opposite).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    2020 Mercury Pro XS Ser. #2B743128
    I may try this set up in the near future. What brand Battery Isolator do you recommend ? Will this hurt my Mercury in any way ?
    Last edited by dls; 05-30-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added a question

Quote Originally Posted by dls View Post
    I may try this set up in the near future. What brand Battery Isolator do you recommend ? Will this hurt my Mercury in any way ?
    I have run my AGM in parallel with my Ionic 125 for many hours. Isolator splits charge but the batteries are parallel. Its an awesome setup that my verado and pro kicker can both charge. Dont worry...be happy. I am.
    I know you hear lots a stuff about lithiums but its really got to do with the BMS. Ionic obviously has it figured out whether alternator or stator charge.

9. Member
    I posed this question to Don in a PM because I didn’t want to derail a thread but maybe if he can answer here, it will help others. What research I had done led me to a Victron Energy Argo FET but I haven’t actually tried it yet.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

What about a dual pro BOS on the lithiums
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mercury offers isolators and the various cables, as well as the retrofitted fusible link lead from the engine. These are usually made up "Custom to Fit" for a particular boat/engine application.

12. Member
    Thanks everyone