Garmin force losing power

I recently bought a new boat with a 24v garmin force powered by two ionic lithium 50ah batteries.

The trolling motor works perfectly on any setting from low to 3/4 power until i put it on high and give it power more than about 45 seconds to a minute. At this point it will completely lose power! I can wait 10-15 minutes and then it will power back on. Anyone got what may be the issue?
    2022 Bullet XRD
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    PHILIPPIANS 4:13

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    At 100%, your motor draws 57A and 54A at 90%. Your batteries are limited to 50A discharge current.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    At 100%, your motor draws 57A and 54A at 90%. Your batteries are limited to 50A discharge current.
    True. Or you have a auto reset breaker that is tripping off. Should be a 60 a breaker for that motor.

4. Member
    so if you move to 36volt setup the amp draw at 100% throttle should go down? correct?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetskilett View Post
    so if you move to 36volt setup the amp draw at 100% throttle should go down? correct?
    The amp draw will not go down but, it will be divided between 3 batteries instead of 2 resulting in pulling less amps from each battery.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddement View Post
    The amp draw will not go down but, it will be divided between 3 batteries instead of 2 resulting in pulling less amps from each battery.
    In a series circuit, the current is the same in each battery. The Force draws 54A at 100% on 36V.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    I had problems with low voltage and it was my plug at the bow it just couldn't handle it and would get hot and lose amps I put a new better plug and its fixed ,so if u have one check it out