Thread: AS GPS HS

AS GPS HS

Is the data from this heading sensor shared through the 5 port switch (Solix to Solix) via ethernet or does there need to be a physical connection? When I looked at my GPS page, the unit that did not have the AS GPS HS as an option was the one without the physical connection.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Is the data from this heading sensor shared through the 5 port switch (Solix to Solix) via ethernet or does there need to be a physical connection? When I looked at my GPS page, the unit that did not have the AS GPS HS as an option was the one without the physical connection.
    If you have the AS GPS HS connected to 1 of the solixes via dongle (splitter) to the NMEA 0183 port and the solixes are networked (either direct or 5 port switch) and synced with same s/w version, external gps should populate in your gps source menu. On the solixes you can choose your gps source independently for each unit but not the heading source ( will be same for both units).

Splitter.png
    Last edited by G48; 05-17-2022 at 07:13 AM.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yes, I have the AS GPS HS connected to my Apex and have access to it on my Solix using the Ethernet network. Works the same with Solix/Solix or Aoex/Apex.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Yes, I have the AS GPS HS connected to my Apex and have access to it on my Solix using the Ethernet network. Works the same with Solix/Solix or Aoex/Apex.
    Thanks guys, I guess I have some sleuthing to do!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO