1992 Mercury 175 HP Fuel flowing out of weep hole

During a tournament on Eufaula, 1992 Mercury 175 HP XRI quit running, SN 0D167948. Removed engine cowl and found that there was a fuel leak. Primer bulb would not stay primed, went weak shortly after primed. During a closer inspection, while priming primer bulb, fuel would leak out of brass elbow weep hole located on the top back port side corner of the throttle body. I've looked on Mercricruiser Parts Book, Cat.# 90-81741892, Fuel Management System (Breakdown) and could not find this fitting. There are two fuel lines coming from the Pressure Regulator, PN 15027, to the fitting and another to a fitting just below the one with the weep hole (If I remember correctly). I've researched a little on here using the "Search", and found that it could either be the VST or pulse pump. I must be missing something, because I can't find either one in the parts book. Borrowed pic for reference.jpg I stole this pic from one of our BBC members for reference. I've down loaded the parts book and maintenance manual for this engine, however, I need advice on where to start. Also, what parts kit currently would be needed, if known. I'm mechanically inclined, 39 years as a helicopter mechanic, so I believe I can tackle this issue once I have better knowledge on where to begin. Thanks, Bill
    Last edited by BillDSR; 05-16-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    1992 Ranger 482v
    1992 Mercury 175HP XRi SN 0D167948

2. Member
    vst flooding over , nothing wrong with fitting , remove vst top check float for saturation and debri in inlet needle , parts ..... o ring for vst, float, inlet needle, radius tie straps , ..... clean regulator screen while your there
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thank you JOE54. I've ordered all parts associated with this issue through European Marine. I appreciate the help. I did print all pages that will help in removal, cleaning and replacement of parts. Seems simple enough.
    1992 Ranger 482v
    1992 Mercury 175HP XRi SN 0D167948