Squirrel- Chipmunk Deterent

I have squirrels or chipmunks nest and eating nuts in the engine compartments of a couple of cars at my house. Not bothering my truck. Had this problem once before and tied a bag of moth balls under the hood and it did the trick. Not this time. Any suggestions?

GAMO Whisper .177.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    What he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    GAMO Whisper .177.

4. Member
    I have these in my camper and truck https://www.amazon.com/Loraffe-Ultra..._dp&th=1&psc=1

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    GAMO Whisper .177.
    I have a Gamo Whisper .22 with an H&N Hornet....deadly

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by herndonpro View Post
    I have squirrels or chipmunks nest and eating nuts in the engine compartments of a couple of cars at my house. Not bothering my truck. Had this problem once before and tied a bag of moth balls under the hood and it did the trick. Not this time. Any suggestions?
    Assuming that you are in a location or situation where using a firearm doesn't seem like the solution, then I'd suggest a Havahart live trap baited with Cheerios. Then you dunk them into a 5 gallon bucket of water to drown them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Assuming that you are in a location or situation where using a firearm doesn't seem like the solution, then I'd suggest a Havahart live trap baited with Cheerios. Then you dunk them into a 5 gallon bucket of water to drown them.
    Or find your local PETA chapter president and drop them off there.

8. Member
    I traded in a Dodge Ram 1500 Nov 2020 and for two years prior to that I had a check engine light for emissions (aka gas leak). I spent a fortune and took it to multiple name brand garages, smoke tests etc. Changed that gas cap three times. At that time we had emissions testing and I had a hard time getting tags. A small Mexican owned garage that had just become a client looked at it and he sent me a pic within 15 minutes. Between the gas tank and bottom of the bed was a squirrel nest and they'd chewed a hole in a gas line as well.

Got it fixed and was driving to a dealer to just casually look at a new truck, on the way there (about 3/4 of the way there) a valve dropped in engine #2, transmission #3 took a dump and my rear differential dumped as well. I rolled into the dealer on a rollback. You can imagine the trade deal I got.