AS QD NMEA 2000 - HELIX NMEA Adapter

From searching forum history, I think the AS QD NMEA 2K adapter connected to an existing NMEA 2000 backbone/network, my Helix G4 MSI will be able to display NMEA information such as engine data and info from a Lowrance Point 1 heading sensor. I also understand my other G3 units will also be able to display the same information through my Ethernet network. I also understand I will not need the AS ETH NMEA2K Black Box if I have a single G4 head unit. Is this correct?

I am rigging up a new Ranger boat with their RIDE system that is NMEA fed. My primary desire is to take advantage of the included Point 1 at the stern of the boat and use my HB heading sensor at the bow. I run only HB head units, 3 of them.

Ranger Ride Sysem

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Yes the G4N's have a different connection for NMEA2000 than older Helix units that had to use the black box and Ethernet cable.

You may have a conflict with Heading Sensors since only one can be subscribed to with networked units and Helix units cannot subscribe to Heading separate from GPS.

AND what does "R-I-D-E Powered by LOWRANCE" mean?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

For 30 bucks, I will eventually try to use the Point 1 at the stern for my console MSI head unit with the transducer on my setback hull and for the bow try and use the AS GPS HS. Worse case I will have a back up with the Point 1.

RIDE means (I had to look it up):

• Console panel w/ Ranger® RIDE System (Ranger Intelligent Display Engine), integrating full-boat control and monitoring via 9" touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    For 30 bucks, I will eventually try to use the Point 1 at the stern for my console MSI head unit with the transducer on my setback hull and for the bow try and use the AS GPS HS. Worse case I will have a back up with the Point 1.

RIDE means (I had to look it up):

• Console panel w/ Ranger® RIDE System (Ranger Intelligent Display Engine), integrating full-boat control and monitoring via 9" touchscreen
    How about this part "Powered by LOWRANCE" ?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    How about this part "Powered by LOWRANCE" ?
    I am assuming Lowrance made a deal with Ranger to manufacture the RIDE displays in all of the new Z520R boats. It is nothing special and very similar to the one boat network except RIDE is all NMEA 2000 with some Bluetooth functions like Shallow water anchors and a key fob to turn the system on. Kinda like a car key. Ranger offers HB, Garmin and Lowrance equipped electronics and trolling motors or even a mix and match. But all R boats have the RIDE system and a Point 1.

Ranger has been offering RIDE in their Great Lake boat for several years. Not a whole lot of information available but here is a short YouTube video with the highlights.

Last edited by Sirius Rich; 05-16-2022 at 08:05 PM.

6. Member
    I installed the NMEA cable to my console Helix 15. I configured it to use the point 1 that is installed for my G2. Picked it up and works fine.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC