Planting Grass in Lk George

FWC is supplying the eel grass to plant in Lk George in the Juniper Springs area. Sunday 6/5 at 10am. They need an RSVP so they know how much seedlings to bring. Call me at 904-219-1233 for more info
    Last edited by MARK R; 05-21-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    FWC is supplying the eel grass to plant in Lk George in the Juniper Springs area. Sunday 6/5 at 10am. They need an TSVPso they know how much seedlings to bring. Call me at 904-219-1233 for more info

So how did it go?

3. Member
    It will happen JUNE 5TH so it hasn't happened yet. I have all the confidence in the world that it will turn out like i imagine. Not many people show up. Bass fishermen as a whole are not a stand up group. They scream "We need to do something, and by we, I mean you". Prove me wrong.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

I would have participated but, I will be out of town that weekend. I hope alot of people turn out for this event.

5. Member
    It will happen JUNE 5TH so it hasn't happened yet. I have all the confidence in the world that it will turn out like i imagine. Not many people show up. Bass fishermen as a whole are not a stand up group. They scream "We need to do something, and by we, I mean you". Prove me wrong.
    Thanks. I miss-read that as May 5th. My fault.

6. Member
    Does this mean the FWC is asking for volunteers to plant the grass?

7. Banned
    A lot of us gotta work. Ill be at the fire station June 5th, otherwise Id be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Does this mean the FWC is asking for volunteers to plant the grass?
    Yes, I read this on facebook. They are asking as many people to show that can. The more that show up the more Eel grass that will be planted. They should plan to do this multiple time this summer.

So they did not need us to over spray vegetation in areas where it did not impede navigation or congest docks and thus bio nuked miles of bank … but we are supposed to plant eel grass?

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

BTW, I watched a spray boat destroy my best 3 banks where bass up to 8.58# were caught so as a retired college Biology prof I cannot ever forget or forgive FWC for what I witnessed.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

11. Member
    Why don’t they hire Applied Aquatics to plant that way they will know exactly where to spray.

12. Member
    plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray plant spray

13. Member
    I guess if you don’t plant stuff you won’t have anything to spray in the future! Job security. Sad!

is there any more information about this available?

15. Banned
    Fyi... Mark Roberts called me this morning and said the fwc put off the project due to weather. I called noah weather and they are expecting winds north north east 15 - 20 with gust to 25. That puts the wind coming straight down the lake. Try facebook. I dont do facebook so cant give ya any other info. Mark said it was put off a few weeks. Dont know the dates... Sorry about that. I just wait on ph calls. Mark will prob post/ update here.

16. Member
    High winds does not stop Applied Aquatics from spraying.