Bad Breaker - less than a year old

Hi all - put in new OUHL $20 30 AMP main breaker in my boat last August of '21, the boat is a 2013 and the old breaker went. Less than 1 year and the new breaker is acting up, I flipped it on today and it will not give me power to the boat. It gets a little wet in the compartment, and I can see a small bit of rust on one of the connections - but it seems strange to me that a breaker would go bad after less than 1 year?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Reviews are fairly bad on that brand.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Amazon has 4.5 stars with 476 reviews - but you are probably right - a $20 part is a $20 for a reason.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wsdv135 View Post
    Amazon has 4.5 stars with 476 reviews - but you are probably right - a $20 part is a $20 for a reason.
    Read the more recent reviews. A lot of Amazon sellers do things to pump up reviews then switch to an inferior product.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Many reviews also cover more than one model. Ie the cheap models are in the review along with the better stuff. Some reviews show the actual item purchased some don’t. With breakers you have to look closely at the spec’s(some items say can also function as a switch and some are not built for that function and wear out quickly if used that way. Let the buyer beware! JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

The Young brand on Amazon has been excellent so far on 3 different installations I've done for friends. It's comes in varying amperages. I seen no signs of water intrusion or corrosion on the one boat where it's a concern. The B-I-L has an old FishMaster aluminum.
    There is no dry storage on that boat. The circuit breaker we installed gets wet pretty often, and it's held up so far.
    https://www.amazon.com/YOUNG-MARINE-...NrPXRydWU&th=1
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"