Active Target Transducer - keeps changing positions

Help,

I have my AT ducer mounted to the head of the TM.

It keeps moving positions during the fishing day. is there a way to lock it in place so it does not move. I am only interested in forward mode and have no need for down mode.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Member
    Be more specific please... Now when you say moving, is the transducer it self physically moving? or is the desired selection on the graph changing? if its on the graph hit menu > position > select Forward. My guess is you have it in AUTO on your graph\.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury ProXs 115hp FourStroke
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb 24v
    Atlas Hydraulic Jp 4" setback
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 Dash & Bow

Quote Originally Posted by AlumaPro View Post
    Be more specific please... Now when you say moving, is the transducer it self physically moving? or is the desired selection on the graph changing? if its on the graph hit menu > position > select Forward. My guess is you have it in AUTO on your graph\.
    The actual transducer is switching positions (Moving) from front scan to down scan. I can not see to lock it in place. It moves very easily between marks, and any vegetation will move it.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Member
    2 - things... I put blue loctite on the threads then I used a pair of channel locks to tighten mine and that solved that problem. I can still change between forward/down mode easy enough w/o loosening anything. Did the same thing for the scan mode position.

5. Member
    Do you have the rubber washer in place? That is what keeps it from moving on it's own, while also being able to move it by hand without having to loosen the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    Do you have the rubber washer in place? That is what keeps it from moving on it's own, while also being able to move it by hand without having to loosen the screw.

I will have to take apart and look as I did not do the install. Maybe I should have
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    2 - things... I put blue loctite on the threads then I used a pair of channel locks to tighten mine and that solved that problem. I can still change between forward/down mode easy enough w/o loosening anything. Did the same thing for the scan mode position.
    DON’T DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I you have the rubber washer and the teeth notch lined up hand tight will hold it in place. It sounds like the transducer is on the wrong side of the mount.

I from time to time switch from forward to scout without any issues.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p

8. Member
    DON’T DO THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I you have the rubber washer and the teeth notch lined up hand tight will hold it in place. It sounds like the transducer is on the wrong side of the mount.

I from time to time switch from forward to scout without any issues.
    There is no "wrong" side of the mount....

9. Member
    There is no "wrong" side of the mount....
    Sure there is, If he has the transducer mounted to the smooth side of the mounting bracket. In the the installation book it shows how the Ducer should me mounted.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p

10. Member
    Better look again... there is no "smooth" side.

My ducer moves due to bumping logs and it’s irritating … so what are solutions w/o overtightening ? I too only want Fwd

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

I wish guys would post small cell phone pics more to explain the do and don’t of AT ducer

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I will have to take apart and look as I did not do the install. Maybe I should have
    Bill mine did not have the rubber washer/metal washer setup either and would also loosen easily. Once I added it mine doesn't move. And I ran that sucker through some serious cabbage at Orange... Looked like a 70's orgy pulling the Fortex up

Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    My ducer moves due to bumping logs and it’s irritating … so what are solutions w/o overtightening ? I too only want Fwd
    Doug see my reply above - once I added the rubber washer to both screws it hasn't moved. But have been running in Scout Mode pretty much exclusively so far - not sure if that makes a difference.

BTW several people have asked me what Shade Gunner means :). (On the motor cover).

15. Member
    Better look again... there is no "smooth" side.
    If he has the ducer backwards and mounted it on the wrong side of the bracket than yea there is(on the braket)

the only movement I've ever noticed is the mount attached to the shaft, didn't have it tight enough and loosened over time.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p

16. Member
    If he has the ducer backwards and mounted it on the wrong side of the bracket than yea there is(on the braket)

the only movement I've ever noticed is the mount attached to the shaft, didn't have it tight enough and loosened over time.
    Got'cha... I was referencing the transducer. It does not appear the transducer will fit mounted that way. Just eyeballing it, looks like the transducer is too long.

17. Member

He is not using the bracket. Its on the trolling motor barrel. Just need to take it off and tighten the fastener. I actually had to add an extra washer to mine as the threads of the bolt were not going all the way in and allowing it to loosen up
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    He is not using the bracket. Its on the trolling motor barrel. Just need to take it off and tighten the fastener. I actually had to add an extra washer to mine as the threads of the bolt were not going all the way in and allowing it to loosen up
    Thank you!
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo