Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

I need some help gentlemen. We are looking to move into our next and hopefully last house, and don't think for a minute local waters doesn't weigh on that decision. Where I'm at now it's a half hour drive to Summit, Westwood and Geist, pretty good waters. We've been looking hard for probably the last two years and I can't seem to get into anything decent in that Henry County area. So the hunt has moved to the Greentown area, we really like the area and people. I know Kokomo reservoir is right there but is the bite as small as it seems? I guess what I'm asking is there anything else up that way that is comparable to what I'm use to that can accommodate a 21' bass boat? I greatly appreciate any and all help.
    2004 Ranger 520VX Comanche SOLD
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

2. Member
    Expand your search a little further south and east, say Richmond, then u can add Brookville to your list,
    and probably Monroe.
    Maybe Shelbyville?

3. Member
    Yeah I'd love to but those are getting a little far from both of our employers. Thanks though.
    2004 Ranger 520VX Comanche SOLD
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

4. Member
    Kokomo can be good or so so. BUT you better know where your going past the 1st bridge. Other than that, your up to Missy or Sally to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEDIVER36 View Post
    I know Kokomo reservoir is right there but is the bite as small as it seems?
    Yes, it is. That places gets hammered. 20+ boats every Monday evening and 15+ every Thursday evening. I think one five bass limit has came to the scales this year. Crappie and channel cat fishing is pretty good there. Best to travel north an hour+ to the natural lakes.

6. Member
    Fished kokomo twice in my old 15 ft flat bottom and hit stumps left and right, tons of boats in that little water, even worse than summit lake lol, caught a few 2 pounders.
    You gonna be somewhat close to missy and salamonie which are great for crappie but bass not so much.
    Your best bet will be driving to lake freeman/Shafer, north to Manitou and Maxin or down Morse if you can afford 40 bucks to put in the water every time.

The lakes north are very good in the warsaw area. Missy and Salamonie are bigger, but can be tough. I live in wabash, about 35 minutes north of greentown, and fish tournaments on missy and sally, but fun fish a hour north.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere