Derek McCullough

FXR/ZXR Livewell Pump out

Ok, I have owned quite a few bugs and they all suck when it comes to pumping the water out, terrible placement and the water basically runs down the back of the boat. What are you guys doing as a workaround because it drives me nuts!

2. Member
    You can either install higher volume pumps, or get a piece of clear vinyl tubing that fits snugly in the pumpout hole.

3. Member
    I don’t understand the pumpout on my FXR either, sometimes it shoots way out halfway up the side of the cowling (and all over it) and sometimes it barely trickles out all down the back of the boat as you explained. Can’t understand why they put it there

4. Member
    If while you have the pump out running and it has a low spray, turn the pumps power switch off and on. it may take a couple times, but it will pump the water out a lot better after doing this.

5. Member
    I stick a clear hose into the discharge, stick the hose in the bag, and then hang my bag on the ladder when I'm by myself. If I'm not weighing in I just let the water piss on the SHO and wipe it down when on the trailer. I agree... bad engineering. That hole should be angled away from the motor.

Do a search… I’ve posted a cheap solution that you can get at Lowes. 1/2” Rainbird fitting from the lawn sprinkler section and 1/2 ID x5/8 OD clear hose. Superglue the fitting into one end and cut the hose to about 8’. Hang the weighbag on the port side cleat and fill’R up.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=996175
    ( click this link to see pics )

Good tip, will check it out for my ZX225, which like the FX basically just pumps right on the motor lol...

8. Member
    I did the mod above, but with a shorter hose. This is where I store it. 12E169AE-6AC0-4446-9983-F0148631AAAA.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    I did the mod above, but with a shorter hose. This is where I store it. 12E169AE-6AC0-4446-9983-F0148631AAAA.jpeg
    I like it. Picked up the fitting and hose today, another for the weekend project list. This one will be easy at least lol...