Spinnerbait rod.

What is yall guys favorite spinnerbait rod. I am looking for a rod just for spinnerbaits in the 3/8 to 1/2 oz range. Really do not have a budget.
    Thanks!

Megabass P5 Blade if you like a little deeper flex to the blank. This rod is absolutely awesome with spinner baits in 3/8 to 1/2 oz, chatter baits, buzz baits, full sized Vixen, etc.

Daiwa Steez AGS 6'9" Medium Heavy "Target Sniper" if you like a little faster action, and additional versatility. The rod has so many uses, skipping docks, pitching smaller to mid sized jigs/plastics, and on and on...

falcon cara - head turner
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

4. Member
    If cost/price is truly of no consequence, I absolutely echo Gary's always excellent recommendations for the top two "readily" available JDM spinnerbait casting rods as noted above!

However, if you truly want to dip your foot into the very top tiers of JDM spinnerbait casting rods, I highly recommend the following rods in no particular order after extensive fishing with OSP High Pitcher and Megabass SV-3 JDM spinnerbaits in the sizes/weights you are seeking to present.

Megabass Valkryie VKC-71H: This is the spinnerbait and Jackhammer casting rod I measure all other JDM rods by as it has set the gold standard for presenting these fast-moving reaction lures over the previous two seasons of smallmouth bass fishing.

Evergreen Kaleido Inspirare IGTC-69MH Stallion GT: This is the most versatile casting rod in the top tier of the Evergreen International rod offerings and presents everything from spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, and mid-depth crankbaits extremely well, this rod does it all and just keeps coming back for more.

Smith LTD Strategy Tourer V-Spec TVC-71MH/HG: This composite graphite and S-glass casting rod is a new addition to the JDM rod arsenal but in three fishing outings so far this season presenting spinnerbaits and Jackhammers, it has already accounted for 122 smallmouth bass, so it deserves a kind mention in this list of top tier JDM spinnerbait casting rods.

Evergreen Kaleido Inspirare IRSC-70MHR-SXF Dire Wolf Wild 7 RS: Absolutely, the best JDM spinnerbait and Jackhammer rod I have ever used and exceeds even my favorite Megabass Valkryie VKC-71H casting rods for presenting and executing these fast-moving reaction baits for when the smallmouth bass are up on the spawning flats cruising in search of crayfish and bait fish to ambush prior to the spawn.

Sedition SDC-605MMR-FTW Bloody: This is the ultimate "sleeper" rod in my JDM rod inventory, when I need a jerkbait rod for presenting a Megabass Vision 110 or Jackall Rerange 110, I reach for the Sedition Bloody. When I need a topwater rod for presenting Megabass Pox Max or Lobina Rio Rico poppers, I reach for the Sedition Bloody. When I need to fish spinnerbaits or Jackhammers, I reach for the Sedition Bloody. It's that versatile a rod and super fun to use as well! The only potential drawback of this casting rod is that the shorter rod length of 6'5" can be a hindrance if you need to cast your spinnerbaits for longer distances due to exceptionally clear water conditions. For every other fishing scenario, this rod does it all and more!

Please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Ah yes, I shouldn't have failed to mention my favorite in the Valkyrie series for 3/8 to 1/2 oz spinner baits, the Valkyrie 71MH. I'm not a fan of glass or glass blended rods in general, but I like this rod so much, it has earned a spot in my permanent rotation.

6. Member
    I do fine with a cheap Abu Garcia Vengeance I have a 7' MH and a 6'9" MH that I use depending on the situation.

Sure, there are plenty of good, inexpensive options out there, but Jarett does like high end rods, and left budget out of the equation, so that's where we started the discussion

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Sure, there are plenty of good, inexpensive options out there, but Jarett does like high end rods, and left budget out of the equation, so that's where we started the discussion
    I understand that, however if you are on a budget like many of us throwing spinnerbaits isn't a technique that you need a really high end rod for, sensitivity isn't extremely important like it is for other lures. There are several rods in the $50-100 range that work great for spinnerbaits.

9. Member
    I sure do. Once you use higher end rods. It's hard to use anything esle. I will take a look at the P5 blade. I have the target sniper now. I agree it would be a nice spinnerbait rod if it had a longer handle. It is a incredible pitching rod.

Personally I really like the Megabass Levante Diablo Spec R for spinnerbaits. It's also a great bladed jig, buzzbait and swim jig rod too. Does very well with lighter T rigs and buzz toads. I use it for squarebills around cover too. Easily one of tbe most versatile rods on the market. It does a lot of things really well.

11. Member
    Tatula elite 7'3 mh fast. Love this rod for spinnerbaits!

12. Scraps
    Powell Endurance 705cb, Naked Series 705cb. Both composites.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

13. Member
    Ah yes, I shouldn't have failed to mention my favorite in the Valkyrie series for 3/8 to 1/2 oz spinner baits, the Valkyrie 71MH. I'm not a fan of glass or glass blended rods in general, but I like this rod so much, it has earned a spot in my permanent rotation.
    This! Gary just talked me into it. AMAZING rod

14. Member
    ALX ZOLO Deputy is the best. All ALX rods are very well balanced and made with high quality cork grips. The IKOS Promise 7 or 73 is also a great option at a lower price.

ZOLO Deputy- https://alxrods.com/collections/zolo...y-fast-casting
    IKOS Promise 7- https://alxrods.com/collections/ikos...y-fast-casting
    IKOS Promise 73- https://alxrods.com/collections/ikos...y-fast-casting