Rod builders……..

I’m looking for anyone in wi who would be able to replace a broken guide on my st. Croix legend elite casting rod. (st Croix told me it would be 6 months or more) i really don’t care how it looks as long as it functions. I have the new Guide just need to have it put on. If you know of anyone local let me know and how much they charge…..thanks!

2. Member
    This guy is down in West Bend...he might know of someone up by you.

https://kraemercustomrods.com/

3. Banned
    Get ya some 10lb black fireline and wrap it up, as long as you don't care what it looks like. YEars ago, all of my rods had at least one guide wrapped this way.

I could have done it for free but not local. If you got the guide then it’s not hard to remove the old one and replace. Cut the thread on the old guide where it tapers off so you don’t slice into the blank. Can add a little heat to help. Clean it up and then with some small thin strips of masking tape tape the new guide on. Make sure it straight with other guides and wrap. Watch some YouTube vids to get it started.

Thanks for the suggestions but…..I’d rather pay someone to get it done right!

6. Member
    I don't know anyone in WI who builds...I'll be on Green Lake June 10-12 and on Mendota 16-18 I could bring my stuff and do it in the hotel but that's still kind of a haul from Menomonie plus it'd have to turn for at least 4 hours. It would literally take less than 5 minutes to fix, I'd do it for nothin.

If you need an excuse to fish a tourney you could fish the AC Southeastern on Green 6/11 or the WABTA 6/12 on Green.

Did you try calling Thorne Bros in Blaine, MN? They have a custom rod shop there. I have purchased some items and their builder took me up to their shop, it was pretty neat.

Much closer to you than West Bend.

8. Member
    B & B in Ripon, WI is the only one I know of.

B&B does unbelievably work, you will never know it was replaced. He teaches classes for mudhole.
    Rodmaker@dotnet.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    Did you try calling Thorne Bros in Blaine, MN? They have a custom rod shop there. I have purchased some items and their builder took me up to their shop, it was pretty neat.

Much closer to you than West Bend.
    Thorne Bros is worth the drive, but you'd prolly have to make the drive twice because the epoxy needs time to dry. Or come over and fish with me for a day while they fix the rod. Thorne is a mile from my house.

Looking into those I’ll see what happens ……. Thanks again!