Joined the Tin Family

I've been looking for a second rig, specifically aluminum, to add to my 2021 z21 Nitro. Just bought a 2000 Tracker Proteam 175. Came with two Garmin 9s, 70lb Minnkota trolling motor. Only has a 40HP Mercury but I'm not after speed for this rig so I'll run it til it dies. If/when it does, I'll get a 75HP but I'm ok with the 25ish MPH. Seems like a fun little boat. Bought it for myself for a backup and for my 17yo son to be able to go fishing with his older sister when I'm not available. They are excited beyond measure.

2. Member

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    You will love that rig...... best of luck with it and to places you could not go before
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    Sweet looking boat and congrats!! Looking for something like that as a backup to my 20' Astro for smaller electric only lakes here in MD.

I have had quite a few boats....
    .aluminum and fiberglass.
    Glitter, fast etc...etc.

I have caught more and bigger fish out of my little 96 Ranger Cherokee with a 40 Yamaha than any of the others.... ANY of them.

There is something to be said for the smaller boats at times. You will really like it.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

6. Member
    If that's the 4 Cylinder 2 stroke Merc, you have a jewel. I had a 1970 Mercury 50 and a 1997 Mercury 40, which was the same engine. The 40 came on a Starcraft Stratocaster and had a 4 Blade Vengeance prop. My hull was also rated for a 75, but the little Merc did fine. You'll love it. My departed Uncle had a Tracker 17Pro with a 60hp 3 cylinder Merc and we caught a ton in the thin water.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    Nice boat. I miss my Tracker 175 from time to time. One of the only boats I have ever owned that was problem free. Was a great boat.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    If that's the 4 Cylinder 2 stroke Merc, you have a jewel. I had a 1970 Mercury 50 and a 1997 Mercury 40, which was the same engine. The 40 came on a Starcraft Stratocaster and had a 4 Blade Vengeance prop. My hull was also rated for a 75, but the little Merc did fine. You'll love it. My departed Uncle had a Tracker 17Pro with a 60hp 3 cylinder Merc and we caught a ton in the thin water.
    It's a 2 stroke unfortunately,....but seems to be turn key and go so far. When testing and then yesterday when showing my son the ropes, it has worked flawless

Little boats are cool. I’ve got a 1648 Polarcraft I bought new in the mid ‘90’s and it has caught a ton of fish and killed a bunch of ducks.

If that Merc is the right one you can hot rod it to 60hp and maintain the reliability. Check with the folks in the Louisiana forum, they do it a bunch down there from what I understand.

Good luck to you and tha kiddos.

10. Member
    It's a 2 stroke unfortunately,
    That's what I posted - 2 STROKE. A timeless design and ridiculously reliable. Just treat your gas with Startron and use good quality oil and it'll last a very long time.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    That's what I posted - 2 STROKE. A timeless design and ridiculously reliable. Just treat your gas with Startron and use good quality oil and it'll last a very long time.
    Read your post wrong, sorry. It really seems to be a great motor. Don't even have to choke it to start right up

12. Member
    I had that same Tracker years ago and loved it. Caught a 10 lb bass on Rayburn in that boat.

13. Member
    I have an ‘02 model like that with a 2-stroke, 2-cylinder 40 Merc. It sounds like a mad weed eater but is a great boat. Perfect boat for short runs.