Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Almost made 12th place once
    I’ve done it several times, in 12 boat tourneys

I only had one fish in a tourney and tossed it prior to weigh in since it was only a single fish. Turns out I would have taken second place..... LOL

Tom

3. Member
    I had a buddy that got back to the weigh in and only had 4 fish. he knew he had 5 fish. after he got home he found a dead fish in his storage compartment. his partner a older gentlemen thru it in there instead of the livewell.

Some great/heartbreaker posts, and actually really some good stuff to learn to avoid the same issues in the future

Quote Originally Posted by scooterz20 View Post
    I had a buddy that got back to the weigh in and only had 4 fish. he knew he had 5 fish. after he got home he found a dead fish in his storage compartmrnt. hi partner a older gentlemen thru it in there instead of the livewell.
    I guess I’m a terrible person and I hate it for them and the fish but I did lol

6. Member
    once prefished and launched in a landlocked section of river that on my GPS was not land locked lol. Tournament was on the river...i could see it clearly...woulda won if I had 8 power poles to make my boat spider walk over the berm.

paying the entry fee

8. Member
    We caught a 5 fish limit that weighed every bit of 25lbs. I was trying to get a picture of both my sons holding all 5. My youngest attempted to grip a 3 and a 5 in one hand and a 6 in the other when they went to flopping. He dropped all three and 2 of them flopped in the lake. Really wish I had the picture. We have not had a day like that on Kentucky lake since.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Wow some good ones here!

My clock on my boat stopped and I missed the weigh-in by about 1-hr. Had placing fish. My friend got me a nice new clock for the boat a week later.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Not me.... but my dad accidentally pulled his kill switch just minutes into a full blown take off with several boats bearing down on us. I stood up in the boat waving my arms trying not to get hit by all the rigs coming up on our tail.

I watched my Dad drop his phone in the lake before blast off one morning before a club tournament. He went and got another phone later that week. Fast forward a few weeks later and we're fishing another tournament, his phone rings and as he's pulling it out of his pocket he drops that one in the lake as well.

Story #2, (also with my dad) we're pulling into a pocket and as we're fishing he notices the net is tangled up with a jerkbait & crankbait that I had tied on and he told me to get it fixed in case we needed it. I figured I'd do it later. A few casts later he hooks up with a 7 pounder on a dock and gets it close to the boat as I'm trying to get the net untangled. As he's saying some choice words to me the fish jumps and throws the senko. We head into the back of the pocket and keep fishing and before we leave the pocket I told him to go back and lets fish that dock again as I thought that fish might've been on a bed (water was really dirty). Sure enough he makes the same cast on that dock and hooks up with her again, luckily this time I had the net ready and we landed her. She was over 7 pounds - he won big fish and we won the tournament.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Banned
    We had just caught last fish and running to weigh in and I opened livewell to make sure aerator was running. last fish we had just caught jumped out. finished third dumb

13. Member
    Misfortune
    5/07/22 BFL Northeast Potomac River
    4 great days of practice
    4 great areas on two patterns
    Two 20 pound days the. Two days off not setting the hook
    Tournament take off on MD side of river
    Tournament morning we launch on VA side of river
    Half way across lower unit goes out
    Call TD to explain my situation
    2 hours by T motor to get back to launch ramp where I put in
    No Where to go until my travel CO completes tournament and hitches a ride to this ramp
    The ramp I launched at was a part to my game plan for derby day
    Sitting in my truck with boat on trailer, about 2 hours to by with only 3 boats from the tournament fish the launch area and leave.
    I proceeded to re launch my boat and fish the launch area for about 4 hours.
    I catch 14 keepers, have to be 15”+
    My weight for my best 5 was heavy 17+ pounds
    18 something won the BFL
    17-10 was 2nd

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    I’ve done it several times, in 12 boat tourneys
    I can say I usually place in the top 5 at every tournament but we only have 8-10 boats..

we have one guy in my club who won the club “classic” and wanted photos for his “sponsors”. There was 3 boats (including him) that showed everyone else was deer hunting.

I’ve misculled quite a bit and usually laugh it off.

best one was Two years ago at the first club tourney of the year. I caught my first fish of the day, held it up to show my coangler as it was a 3lb smallie and threw it back in the water. He gave me the most confused look and reminded me that we were in a tourney and not just fun fishing. It completely slipped my mind. Still came in 2nd
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    I have run out of gas so many times I have signs in all my compartments reminding me to get gas...installed by our shop crew.
    General Manager

PTG Outdoors
    5401 McFarland Blvd.
    Northport, AL 35476
    205-333-1605

16. Member
    Not a mishap but a funny.... i was fishing as non-boater in BASS Open at Chesapeake Bay years ago. I was drawn with this guy.. nice guy... he told me that his partner he travels with always shows up at the ramp at 3am so he asked me to show up at 3:30am and I did. He wanted to launch his boat at 3:30am in morning and aske me to back him down with him in boat and there were guys watching me back down so i figured the would say something if i was offline. Well i hit a cement wall on the side of ramp and wrecked his fiberglass trailer trail light. My bad but 3:30am in morning in dark launching for a tournament that starts at 8:30am ?

Then we are out there fishing.. the guy says to me "hey, i'm really tired and i need to take a 10 minute nap. the dude anchored his boat in a fishable area ( i give him that, nice guy ) and he laid down on the deck for a good 10 mins and slept flat out in the sun on the deck.

He got up and ended up catching a 6lber !

I remember he had this wierd "fish sock" where he put the 6lber in this crazy fish sock with a zipper and brought the fish to the scale in this crazy fish sock... .must have been some new product back then about fish care.

That was my last BASS Open. He was from Delaware, won't give his name out in case he's a bbc'er :)

17. Member
    Not Tourney, but was fishing T rock last week in the rain, Trolling motor on high crossing a cove. I plowed into a under water stump did not see i.t, it stopped the boat cold. as that happened I just about fell in just stop short, but I did lose a rod out of my hand into the lake. Piss me off lost a nice bait caster and Rod..

18. Member
    Had 5 in the livewell. i usually check in the well every hr or so.My last cull was at 2pm, we had a 3pm weigh in. Gonna weigh my big fish she is belly up. WTH. She goes 6.04 I get a 1/2 lb penalty. There was $640 in a pot for lm bass over 6lb. Thats gone. Big bass pot was $180 With penalty mine was 5.54, got beat by a 5.60 Thats gone. I did win stringer with 19+ lbs.
    Wes

In a draw tournament the guy I drew threw his first keeper back. Right after it went over the side he realized his mistake. Said he had been there for three days practicing and just forgot it was tournament day.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    I only had one fish in a tourney and tossed it prior to weigh in since it was only a single fish. Turns out I would have taken second place..... LOL

Tom
    "you pay you weigh" always been my motto AFTER I had this exact same thing happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast