Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changes to Lowes Military Discount program

It was time to buy a new washer & Dryer so off to our local Lowe's store. No shopping around or finding something online at Lowe's before going in as the washer is done and we need one now. Took about an hour for the one associate they had in the appliance dept to get free from another to help us. By then we knew what we wanted as long as it was in stock. Fortunately, our first choice was in stock and the only guy working the dept left to go pull them. Took about 1/2 hour and he was already supposed to leave an hour before.
    Any, time to pay and I mention the military discount and he told me they stopped giving it on appliances a couple months ago. Well crap, okay, whatever I need this shit.
    I look it up on the net and found that there are several other things they stopped discounts on. Electrical items are one and that would explain why the discount on the LED /Fluorescent bulbs the other day didn't work.
    Okay Lowe's, that's fine, just know I will be shopping from now on before just going straight to Lowe's.
    Not a rant, just a heads up for Ya'll.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

2. Banned
    Never understood why even start a discount as a form of showing appreciation if ya just
    gunna stop it at some point. The sentiment will always be negative when ever ya do.

3. Member
    I wonder what brought about the change? Doesn't seem worth the time and effort any more if I have to go about price shopping on things now.

4. Member
    Yep , i will shop around little more now that they are cutting out veteran discount .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    About all I get anymore is "thanks for your service" ! I'm being patronized by that off hand remark. Not by all but by far too many that haven't a clue about serving this Country. I used feel that a military discount was a real way of appreciation. Now it's just a ploy to lure you into the store and play Waite around game. You could actually have a medical emergency and lay on the floor at Lowe's until you expire ! and Home Despot is the same way. I can't abide by big corporate stupid money grabbing games. The longer a supposed customer is in their store, it's assumed that will make a purchase. Because a lot of people usually feel obliged to buy (something). Wrong not I

6. Member
    We shop around a lot before we buy a big-ticket item.

7. Member
    Lots of big corporations that don’t offer any sort of military/ veteran discount yet your going to complain because theirs isn’t good enough for you

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Lots of big corporations that don’t offer any sort of military/ veteran discount yet your going to complain because theirs isn’t good enough for you
    Don’t start nuttin won’t be nuttin......I neither expect nor want any preferential treatment but when ya stop a
    promo it erases all and then some of the attempts at showing appreciation

9. Member
    No more discount on lumber also..Home Depot the same.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

10. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil’erRed View Post
    Don’t start nuttin won’t be nuttin......I neither expect nor want any preferential treatment but when ya stop a
    promo it erases all and then some of the attempts at showing appreciation
    you should show em that their previous appreciation is erased and don't mean s#!t by giving all the previous discount money back..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    you should show em that their previous appreciation is erased and don't mean s#!t by giving all the previous discount money back..
    Gotta accept something to be able to give it back......

12. Member
    I don't nor ever expect or demand a military discount but will take it when offered. However, if they are going to offer a military discount, just do it. Don't half-ass it with all kinds of exceptions. At that point it's less about "showing your appreciation" and more about the PR, the whole "We Support Our Troops".

13. Member
    Bass Pro and Cabelas cut their Military discount to 5 percent. All this show your support for the military service is just another Politically Correct event that has now started to die out. With the price gouging going on now you'd think it would be more available now than ever.

14. Member
    My guess is profit margins are so thin on certain products already, and no doubt company bean counters know this and are accountable to share holders. Just a thought, I could be totally wrong.

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotEnuff View Post
    Bass Pro and Cabelas cut their Military discount to 5 percent. All this show your support for the military service is just another Politically Correct event that has now started to die out. With the price gouging going on now you'd think it would be more available now than ever.
    this! While I appreciate it more and more they limit the items or cut it from 10% to 5%. It makes me wonder how much you really appreciate those who serve or have served. More and more it only applies to small items. Trust me, it’s not about the money I save with a discount as much as I find it a bit insulting to limit or cut it. I noticed some have put veterans parking in there lots. That does not cost them anything
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

16. Member
    Signs of the times!

17. Member
    GM has changed their program as well. They used to give supplier pricing. Now it’s 500 off. Appreciate the effort, by nowhere near supplier pricing.

They also changed the GM credit card program. Old program you could accrue and redeem as many miles as you wanted on a new GM vehicle. Got 3800 off my last Silverado on redeemed points. Now, the max is 2k, and they link it to how much you actually spend every year on the card. Took a simple thing and made it very complicated. But somehow, it’s improved.

We just bought a new dishwasher from Lowes and found out the discount didn’t apply any more also on appliances. Bought it anyways but they’ve gotten pretty selective on their discounts.

On a different note, Academy has started their 10% military discount and it runs through sometime in July, even applies to ammo.

It was a nice benefit while it lasted.

Oh well. At least the have preferred parking for Veterans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast