Toyota Highlander

Would a Toyota Highlander pull a tandem trailer and 20' skeeter zx 200? It's a 3.5L V6 with 295 HP 263 lb Torque.Thank You

2. Member
    if you rig is under 5000# and with trailer brakes, YES. I own a highlander and tow a 3500# boat around south florida then I traditionally pull it back to Kentucky in the summer.

a few comments

1- if you want to load the highlander w 5 people, luggage and the boat and drive to upstate Alabama then I believe it is the wrong vehicle and you will have overloaded it. think sequoia

2- if your pattern is to tow the boat to over to southbay from the coast with a buddie or 2 on saturday morning, the highlander will do everything you need. In my opinion, a V8 would be a waste unless you have some other need for a V8 or Truck

3- if you don't live in Lakeworth but rather Knoxville TN and you pull mountains frequently then I think a V8 would be more in line.

98% of the hours on my engine is without a boat and a v6 will meet my needs so I go that direction out of fuel economy and cost of ownership. If towing supremacy was my jam, I'd certainly have more vehicle then my Highlander.

I've towed extensively with a Highlander and Durango both with V6. the durango would be similar/same to a jeep with V6. All have met my need. My initial tow vehicle was a 4dr 1999 Chevy tahoe with V8 and it was not better then the v6 durango that replaced it.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    one more thought, a highlander with factory two has a 4pin plug. A durago or Jeep has both a 4 & 7 which actually makes sense in modern times.

You could have a professional break into your interior to find a reverse light for your backup solenoid. I didn't want to do that so I use a professional hack my father rigged up to let me backup. less then perfect but works fine. If you go the highlander route and are interested in the hack, shoot me a PM
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    Thank You! so much davidsa