125ah cranking question

My new ionic should be here this week. Going to be watching it on tournament day. At what percentage do I need to worry about it not starting my 2015 225 pro xs?

Once I went 4 trips without charging mine and at the end of the day I was down to 27% and it started my HPDI 250 like it does every time
    And I run 4 graphs, Livescope and network hub not to mention all the standard accessories in the boat

I really don’t think you’re going to need to even worry about it
    you will never get it low enough to find out in a single trip maybe two or three
    Not to mention I think your motor has a better amp output then my old HPDI doing a better job at charging it on the fly

I’ve done 2 tournament days in a row and had 32% left and you will not notice a difference between 32% and 100% it will start that motor every time
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Thanks for the input. I've never had a battery I could monitor before and wasn't sure at some point if the cranking amps got to low to turn over

4. Member
    See for yourself. Discharge the battery to say 50%. See if it will easily crank and start your motor. In the morning with the motor being cold. If it does, discharge the battery to 25%. Next morning, see if it will crank and start the motor.

Repeat the process, as necessary, to find how the battery will work for you. What works for one might not work for another. A number of variables are involved.

5. Member
    my 125 ah will crank my vmax sho 200 at 10%, havent gotten it any lower yet.

I'm surprised that you can get low if you run the big moter much at all-- it should charge back up.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I'm surprised that you can get low if you run the big moter much at all-- it should charge back up.
    it will likely never be an issue, but there are times where we sit in 1 area all day and don't use the big motor much at all. That's where I'd be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    it will likely never be an issue, but there are times where we sit in 1 area all day and don't use the big motor much at all. That's where I'd be concerned.
    That would be a concern !
    I figure if an AGM or wet cell will still start your rig after all day. The battery you describe above will also.
    It would be nice to know the point at which it won't start-- but that's why I carry a NoCo start box.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    That would be a concern !
    I figure if an AGM or wet cell will still start your rig after all day. The battery you describe above will also.
    It would be nice to know the point at which it won't start-- but that's why I carry a NoCo start box.
    I'm looking forward to getting my new battery and being able to monitor the status as the day progresses. I've always been curious how fast a battery drains and how much charge it actually takes on short runs. I do have a jumper pack, but haven't had to use it yet and hopefully don't have to.

10. Member
    Another member on another thread just said his 125 ionic started his 250proxs at 2%. I have read about starting at 10% with no issues.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    Another member on another thread just said his 125 ionic started his 250proxs at 2%. I have read about starting at 10% with no issues.
    I just saw that! Very impressive

12. Member
    I have two 125 Ionics for my 24v Ultrex. Went up to Champlain for two days, spot locked like crazy, didn't plug them in at the hotel and came home with 62% battery life. Another day I fished 7 hours in high wind on an electric motor only lake, spot locked like crazy and still had another day or two of juice left. I may have gone overboard with 125s, but it's awesome to troll and spotlock and not even worry about draining the batteries down.