Thread: 2015 z7 prop?

2015 z7 prop?

Bought a 2015 z7 with a 150 mercury and the hole shot wasn’t good at all. Brought the 23p tempest to a shop to have repitched to 21 and it’s worse now. What is everyone running on this boat? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    I have a 2013 with a 150 PROXS. It have a 24 Tempest Plus.

what 150? my buddy has a 150 fourstoke and his is awesome with a 23 tempest

4. Member
    on my 13 w 150 I had poles and a jp, ran a 22 tempest, Mine perfected the prop holes mostly closed or it would blow out the prop on roll over.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

5. Member
    Do you have a jackplate? What's the trim like. I've noted that on my Z7 I must have the trim BURIED or it'll be nose to the sky and the breakover is substantially longer.

Quote Originally Posted by swannyoutdoors View Post
    Do you have a jackplate? What's the trim like. I've noted that on my Z7 I must have the trim BURIED or it'll be nose to the sky and the breakover is substantially longer.
    The trim must be alllllllll the way down for holeshot on all boats This pushes the bow down.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    23P Tempest Plus, also have a 24P that came with the boat but it is a tad steep and doesn't get the RPM's up where they need to be.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swannyoutdoors View Post
    Are you referring to trim of motor or height of motor? As Fishysam noted trim all the way down at take off. Height of motor is controlled by jack plate lever.