Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dartag1829

Bet St Clair was busy.

Drove the wife to Winchester Indiana Friday morning. Counted 23 bass boats headed North on I-75. Caravans of boats. Probably as many headed South today when we drove home. Wife was amazed. I told her with web sites, Facebook and Instagram posts. St Clair is the destination place for bass anglers.

It's been stupid busy.... I don't miss that part. I'm catching plenty elsewhere.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I was idling out of Harley Yesterday morning and had a group of Indiana boys who were so excited they just couldn't help but pass me in the no wake zone, going much faster than the posted no wake speed. They then blasted off just feet from me. It seems like Indiana guys get a lot of bad press around LSC.

4. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    It's been stupid busy.... I don't miss that part. I'm catching plenty elsewhere.
    Yep my lake has been fun. Must have been a club event yesterday. Got home there were boats on every spot where they are bedding. Going over to Orchard tomorrow and get some video footage. Here is a little video I posted in the Lounge.

i was there thursday and covered up in TN and KY guys. There was a lot of people and seemed like most were non-MC numbers

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I was idling out of Harley Yesterday morning and had a group of Indiana boys who were so excited they just couldn't help but pass me in the no wake zone, going much faster than the posted no wake speed. They then blasted off just feet from me. It seems like Indiana guys get a lot of bad press around LSC.
    Well they earn it. Wish the DNR or Coast Guard would stay on top of the B.S. some of these guys pull off. I have no problem with people coming up and fishing all I ask is they respect the resource and not act like a jackass.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

7. Member
    I hope all you guys are saying this in a positive light. My buddy just had to close his motel down on Kentucky Lake. Sad to see what happens when bass fisherman stop fishing an area.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbag View Post
    I hope all you guys are saying this in a positive light. My buddy just had to close his motel down on Kentucky Lake. Sad to see what happens when bass fisherman stop fishing an area.
    So you’re saying we should be thrilled that a bunch of smucks come here and treat our resource like a frat house?

And how would letting them act like unruly teenagers entice other anglers to keep coming here?

I’m sorry your buddy has been hurt by the current issue Kentucky lake is experiencing but that is a completely different set of circumstances
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    So you’re saying we should be thrilled that a bunch of smucks come here and treat our resource like a frat house?

And how would letting them act like unruly teenagers entice other anglers to keep coming here?

I’m sorry your buddy has been hurt by the current issue Kentucky lake is experiencing but that is a completely different set of circumstances

yourw going a little far pal. One boat goes a little fast in a no wake zone and you think everyone from out of state doesn’t deserve to fish here? What just because you live near st clair you’re the one only one allowed to catch a bunch of smallmouth. You sound like a diva haha. Plenty of Michigan guys head down to Chickamaiga in the spring and that’s ok to you but not when they come to st clair?

I was out there Saturday. Too many boats. I didn't notice any obnoxious behavior just seemed like a ton of people happy to be on St Clair. I'll looking forward to the summer pattern and the Canadian season to open up so the boats can spread out more.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

yourw going a little far pal. One boat goes a little fast in a no wake zone and you think everyone from out of state doesn’t deserve to fish here? What just because you live near st clair you’re the one only one allowed to catch a bunch of smallmouth. You sound like a diva haha. Plenty of Michigan guys head down to Chickamaiga in the spring and that’s ok to you but not when they come to st clair?
    WOW

If you lost a stick I think I know where it is PAL

I asked for clarification on your post that didn’t seem to be relevant and you go right off the deep with accusations and name calling

You come in here and never having a nice thing to say talking smack about St Clair anglers like myself and Mini and as much as I like to blame Mini for stuff I’m beginning to think he or we aren’t your problem

We are happy to share the resource with them we are just not willing to look the other way when they abuse it

It’s rare to go out and not see some out of town guy mistreating our resource or not obeying the rules yet we still tow them in when they break down or help with a flat tire trying to be good hosts and for all our efforts we have to take heat from some smacktard
    Last edited by MichAngler; 05-16-2022 at 08:39 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    WOW

If you lost a stick I think I know where it is PAL

I asked for clarification on your post that didn’t seem to be relevant and you go right off the deep with accusations and name calling

You come in here and never having a nice thing to say talking smack about St Clair anglers like myself and Mini and as much as I like to blame Mini for stuff I’m beginning to think he or we aren’t your problem

We are happy to share the resource with them we are just not willing to look the other way when they abuse it

It’s rare to go out and not see some out of town guy mistreating our resource or not obeying the rules yet we still tow them in when they break down or help with a flat tire trying to be good hosts and for all our efforts we have to take heat from some smacktard
    why are you so mad at me? Just providing a fresh perspective is all

why are you so mad at me? Just providing a fresh perspective is all
    LOL like I just told the others that PM’d me about you I’m not mad I just don’t have anything better to do on a Monday night than to wind your watch

And fresh isn’t the term I or others have used to describe your prospective

With all that said we will still welcome you if leave the shallow end of IL and come enjoy our amazing resource here in the deep end of the pool
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    LOL like I just told the others that PM’d me about you I’m not mad I just don’t have anything better to do on a Monday night than to wind your watch

And fresh isn’t the term I or others have used to describe your prospective

With all that said we will still welcome you if leave the shallow end of IL and come enjoy our amazing resource here in the deep end of the pool
    No man, I’ve got it made here. I pay high taxes and fish Illinois mud puddles. Would take a long time to get to st clair by a bass boat for me

15. Member
    No man, I’ve got it made here. I pay high taxes and fish Illinois mud puddles. Would take a long time to get to st clair by a bass boat for me
    FIB....

16. Member
    This was a fun thread

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    This was a fun thread
    Right.

In another thread I started with "don't crucify me" and MichAngler immediately started lecturing. So much for that. We are headed up again this weekend to swing on some more.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Right.

In another thread I started with "don't crucify me" and MichAngler immediately started lecturing. So much for that. We are headed up again this weekend to swing on some more.
    Have you checked the forecast? It's looking pretty nasty. Calling for severe storms on Saturday and rain continuing into Sunday morning. I think I'm gonna stick with the inland lakes this weekend.

Right.

Sorry wasn’t meant to be a lecture but I can see how you could take it that way

I’m glad to see you made it up here and had a good time

And posmallie is right Saturday is going to be ugly but Sunday looks salvageable
    "The handicapped angler"

20. Member
    Right.

I hear ya man, I had an opinion that was different than his and he just goes at ya. Apparently he’s the police officer of this board. You have to agree with him or else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast