Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can y’all not “swing on em” so hard. Leave your flipping sticks at home. I caught multiple fish in the moot this week that had half their face torn off already. I doubt that happens with a dropshot and reel up hook set. The ol two fisted bubba hook set is not required. And leave a little room between yourselves and fellow anglers. No need to get within talking distance. And put the damn binoculars away….

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Thats why I leave those fish alone... They are beat up bad every day... I used to fish there, Not anymore. They are tore up enough without me..

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. dartag1829
    Not just there. Been club paper tournaments on my lake every weekend. Guys wait in line to catch the same fish. Saw 2 from the pontoon that had hooks in them. Went back out, caught them and removed the hooks. Didn't realize you needed a 3.0 EWG hook to catch a bed fish. Glad it will be over soon out here.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Pre-spawn only for me

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Can y’all not “swing on em” so hard. Leave your flipping sticks at home. I caught multiple fish in the moot this week that had half their face torn off already. I doubt that happens with a dropshot and reel up hook set. The ol two fisted bubba hook set is not required. And leave a little room between yourselves and fellow anglers. No need to get within talking distance. And put the damn binoculars away….
    We didn't even smallmouth fish much this trip. I was with my cousin who likes to catch more fish so we were fishing largemouth and rock bass and caught our limit of walleye everyday. And we did most of our largemouth fishing with a ned rig and light rods for fun. "swing on em" was probably misworded by myself.

When I was fishing the Moot, I didn't see this. Maybe I was in there before the "crowd" shows up. I'm in by 6 and out by 10 on weekdays only. Saw a lot of fish on the Livescope and they were very skidish, caught some nice ones and away I went. The fish I caught had not been caught before. I fish maybe once a week.

7. Member
    How’s the moot nowadays?
    lots of weeds? Are there rocks there?
    I haven’t fished it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    How’s the moot nowadays?
    lots of weeds? Are there rocks there?
    I haven’t fished it yet.
    No weeds

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    No weeds
    nice.
    was out yesterday and the mile roads shallow got weedy.
    I’ll try the moot next

Fished the moot 4 days ago. Covered 30-40 beds, all empty. Don’t know if the cold snap pushed them out or they were done.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    Fished the moot 4 days ago. Covered 30-40 beds, all empty. Don’t know if the cold snap pushed them out or they were done.
    Same with the mile roads.
    week before they were all over 3-4 fow near beds and then poof gone.
    I noticed it got a dirtier in the shallows there.
    I found them in 8-10 fow though.

And schools and schools of white bass in 12-13 fow. Livescope made it a blast catching them one after another.

12. dartag1829
    Judging from the photos I saw today every bed in The Moot had a boat on it today. Probably someone standing in it to. The place was packed. Time for real fishing.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Judging from the photos I saw today every bed in The Moot had a boat on it today. Probably someone standing in it to. The place was packed. Time for real fishing.
    Where do you see the pics?

14. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    Where do you see the pics?
    Friend was out there with 5 other boats.

Thought about going there this week, but think I'll opt for some other places. Most females have left the areas and only males guarding fry. I'll give the poor fish a break. I was up north about a week ago and the fish hadn't bedded yet on the inland lakes. Just a few had moved up. I was surprised. This past week was probably prime if you hit it then.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Friend was out there with 5 other boats.
    Ah ok cool

They probably weren’t fishing boats Steve is referring to. 3000 or so party boats….

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12