Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It's darn sure not Indiana
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

2. Member
    There may be a couple Bass in Ky/Tenn worth catching.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    they actually have seasons for bass up north. It’s crazy.
    Yes, they have seasons in Ontario and I wouldn’t want it any other way. It takes 5 years for a largemouth to reach 12 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    OHIO hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Did you not see the word best in the title.
    Got to be a joke in there somewhere!

Can't wait to get out of here!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Yes, they have seasons in Ontario and I wouldn’t want it any other way. It takes 5 years for a largemouth to reach 12 inches.

Then there’s no way You should have mentioned It in a thread of best bass states then.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

6. Member
    Can't be AZ. Heck, we hardly even have water deep enough for a fish to survive in.

Then there’s no way You should have mentioned It in a thread of best bass states then.

8. Member
    Somewhere in the north. Bass fishing isn't a religion here like it is in the south, so we have some really good fishing outside of the great lakes and LSC. Lots of guys here focus on other species so the bass get left alone on a lot of lakes.

9. Member
    I'll say Wisconsin, since it hasn't been mentioned yet. Not the largest fish, not the biggest lakes, but lots of lakes. Great scenery, lots of variety (deep, shallow, clear or muddy, weedy or clean, tons of natural lakes, some man made. Bars every quarter mile if you're into that. I can fish maybe 40-50 lakes with a roughly half hour drive, and I'm not in an area with a lot of lakes. I can fish a majority of them with a $500 boat if I want to. I fish 2-4 days a week after farming a couple years ago and hit 40ish different local lakes, and I don't know if I filled up my 6 gallon tank more than once. I drove to 4 different lakes today and most were busy since it's a Sunday. 1 had 1 trailer,the next had none, the 3rd had 3 or 4, and the lake I fished had 8-10. The pic (if I can attach it) is from 2-3 hours north of me. Screenshot_20220515-190327_Maps.jpg

10. Banned
    Depends on what your criteria is for "best". I'd assume most bass fisherman would do anything to live in a state like Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Florida etc.... on the other hand, if you've never experienced the glacial lakes of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, NY then you're also missing out on some incredible fishing for 4-5 months of the year

11. Member
    The best place in the world is not a state at all
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

13. Member
    Well played ……. Ohio
    Proverbs 3: 5&6

14. Member
    I'm not sure of the best, but I do know Indiana has to be close to the worst after living there the first 20 years of my life.

15. Member
    Not Illinois!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    OHIO hands down.

17. Member
    It's Illinois !! All Y'alls others states suck !! I can limit out on 15" -19 " brown and green all day long !! Pay $35 ramp fees !! You suck Alabama !! Who want to catch 3-5 every trip out ??? Be in a beautiful background?? Not me ,, oooops I guess that why me and my woman are moving to Bama . But i'll still put my sarcastic vote in foe Illinois ,

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It is true that Ontario is not a state but a province, a negligible distinction for this discussion.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    Depends on what your criteria is for "best". I'd assume most bass fisherman would do anything to live in a state like Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Florida etc.... on the other hand, if you've never experienced the glacial lakes of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, NY then you're also missing out on some incredible fishing for 4-5 months of the year
    He nails it. I have maps of southern lakes dreaming about trips I would like to make for largemouth.

Maine fishing was absolutely obsurd easy 25 years ago. It was like fishing virgin water where the fish had never been pressured. I burned out on smallmouth fishing up there only to find the largemouth fishing was better. The club I was in traveled there memorial day for a week and even though most of the old crew has passed a handful of guys still make the trip. A bad day was less than 30 fish. Good days around 50 and exceptional there were places you could get near a hundred. It was textbook 101 bass fishing. The guys in the original crew had money and had fished all over the states. If there was a better place they would have been at it instead of Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    The best place in the world is not a state at all
    Y’all catch ‘em pretty good in January eh?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast