2021 Merc 4s 250 proxs Lower cowling

Does anyone have any tips or difficulty rating on removing the lower cowling assembly? I threw an ear on my prop and it hit my lower cowling last year. I used to work in a body shop many years ago, I can easily repair the fiberglass myself but it doesn't look at easy as removing a few bolts.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

2. Banned
    Before Don tells you" please see above sticky regarding serial number" put it in.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Removal isn't terrible... just takes a little time and patience.

WHICH side is damaged (port or starboard)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I'm in same boat with a customer. Damaged the port side and he's trying to figure out how to remove the panel so I can repair and paint it. He said there's 4 bolts on the front inside and 2 on the rear on the inside and I think 8 on outer panel. He says it's loose at the lower front but he's afraid to pull on it. At this point is it just snapped into place in a few places. It's a 2022 Proxs 4stroke.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I'm in same boat with a customer. Damaged the port side and he's trying to figure out how to remove the panel so I can repair and paint it. He said there's 4 bolts on the front inside and 2 on the rear on the inside and I think 8 on outer panel. He says it's loose at the lower front but he's afraid to pull on it. At this point is it just snapped into place in a few places. It's a 2022 Proxs 4stroke.
    Please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, open a separate thread for your engine and provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

May well have one screw remaining inside/front.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor