Beefed up trailer axle

Was told today by Ranger salesman that the single axle trailers now use 15 inch tires and are beefed up Stronger, of course that was his response to my comment too bad this boat isn’t on a dual axle trailer,, I’d still rather have the dual just incase one tire decides to go flat ?
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    On certain models, like the Z519, that are borderline for tandem-axle trailers, the single axle has always been a heavier-duty suspension than would be used for a single-axle trailer on a smaller model boat. I also prefer tandem axle trailers for the reason that you give, and find that they pull straighter going down the road, too.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Some folks need the single axle to aid in parking concerns. I used to have to jack knife my boat to fit in a garage. Can’t do that with a dual axle without dolly’s under the tires and so forth. I added to the length of the garage and then got the bigger boat.!

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Absolutely true, Ed. My comments above are not to tout double versus single axle for every person or situation. Thank goodness that I “outgrew” my need to angle-park a boat inside a storage building, and for the past 20 years I’ve also used a front hitch on a lawn tractor to make those tight turns leading from the driveway into storage. Boating life is a lot easier with the right equipment!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio