Filling Old trolling motor holes

Has any one fill old trolling motor holes at the bow of the boat.
    I know US Composites sell some good stuff.
    But would like to buy some thing locally, it will be hidden under the new Trolling motor.
    Just want some thing to fill holes and put support back in the bow deck ,before installing new motor.
    Was thing about some JB weld or some thing a long these line.
    Just around 8 holes .1/4 inch and 2 a tad bigger.

I used Gorilla brand duct tape on the under side and 3M 4200 (clear), silicone adhesive to fill the holes. If the trolling motor is going to cover them, make it water proof and continue on. Also used some aluminum flat bar on the under side to help give the motor / mounting bolts some more support
    Last edited by Stroker3.2XS; 05-15-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Might could just use wooden dowel rod to fill the holes and top cover fill with jel coat. Pending on the boat color might make a really nice patch job.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    Has any one fill old trolling motor holes at the bow of the boat.
    I know US Composites sell some good stuff.
    But would like to buy some thing locally, it will be hidden under the new Trolling motor.
    Just want some thing to fill holes and put support back in the bow deck ,before installing new motor.
    Was thing about some JB weld or some thing a long these line.
    Just around 8 holes .1/4 inch and 2 a tad bigger.
    I filed a BUNCH of holes on my boat when I was renovating it. Filed em all with JB Weld putty, it worked perfectly, BUT, my boat is aluminum. Not sure how it'll bond with composite, but, they make so many great products that they'll have something that will. As the holes are under the trolling motor and can't be seen I'd sure take a close look and consider it.

5. Member
    Thanks every one. I was at BassProShop today. And I asked there tech .How do they do there boats

He said they just add some silicon to the holes to keep water out.

6. Member
    I just did this Sunday, I used Loctite PL marine sealant. Its white but they'll get covered by the trolling motor and Sea Dek
    07 STRATOS 176XT