Thread: Kentucky Lake

Kentucky Lake

Rented a VRBO home taking the kids and grandkids fishing on Kentucky Lake, June 6 - June11. Kids live near Evansville and I’ll be trailering my boat from Idaho and looking for areas to fish around Blood Creek area. What I have been told early morning up close would be good and fishing off 10’ - 15’ ledges in Blood Creek area. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I’m not out to catch big fish just to have lots of bites for the kiddies! Thanks.

That used to be an ideal time to fish the ledges on Ky Lake but I'm not sure how the lake is fishing now with the Asian Carp infestation.

It was also a great time to fish for channel cats. They're up and spawning at that time. We would drift and cast bobbers on the channel banks of Ky Lake and load the boat. I don't know if the catfish population has been as affected as the bass population has been.

I haven't fished there since 2018 and I love that lake but the asian and grass carp have really decimated it. I hope it's gotten better with all of the carp harvesting but I think it's a long way to go still.

Would it be to late to alter the plans to Wisconsin or Michigan for smallmouth/walleye fishing?
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated……..KY Lake is close to their home and if we had more time, I would have looked at a different area.

4. Member
    Throw a shakey head and Ned rig around pea gravel banks and you will catch some smallies.

We will try that, just looking for a good family experience, the boys love to fish and so do the 2 granddaughters!