Unhappy Constantly blinking control pad

2021 Z521 All of a sudden the keypad is blinking. (All 4 numbers constantly blinking) This never happened before. Also the ghost trolling motor will only turn on correctly if I hit the breaker before I turn the main switch on. The boat had a new charger installed late last year. This boat is becoming an electrical horror. Any thoughts or ideas what might be causing this? Thanks in advance

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If I were you, I’d contact your dealer with that question. Especially if that dealer did the previous charger work. Unless they changed some wiring, which is doubtful, the first things to look at are a flaw in the control panel—which sometimes can be reset by unhooking the cranking battery for a few hours—or possibly a problem with the cranking battery itself. Quick and easy solutions would be nice, but sometimes the shortest route is to have an expert do a thorough rundown.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I will do just that. Was hoping there might be simple fix. Ill try the disconnect and cross my fingers

4. Member
    Had this happen and could not use keypad to start on 2006 z20. It ended up being bow navigation light shorting out system. You can get a key switch override to start motor it is a plug and play that is under existing dash wiring plug.