2023 price increases % ?

Does anybody have a definitive idea of just what Ranger’s gonna do w/ pricing on 2023 models ?

And No I’m not asking this question to slag off the boat company etc. etc. the times are what they are. Rather I’ve got a buddy who’s on the fence about buying a 2020/2021 used rig or going new & can’t get a clear answer from his dealer… Who may not know.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Those announcements won’t be made until July, or at the very earliest, late June, and even dealers won’t be told beforehand. However, given the national inflation rate, anything less than 8-10% increase would be surprising.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

i just ordered the brand new 2023 521R last night it started at 92 almost 93 thousand and then add your options i did the cup edition custom color and a few other things it was over 100 thousand

4. Member
    That's crazy to think that another 8-10% rise is on the horizon...even the used ones are ridiculous. I saw a 2013 listed for $49k...almost 10 years old!!!
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    Does anybody have a definitive idea of just what Ranger’s gonna do w/ pricing on 2023 models ?

And No I’m not asking this question to slag off the boat company etc. etc. the times are what they are. Rather I’ve got a buddy who’s on the fence about buying a 2020/2021 used rig or going new & can’t get a clear answer from his dealer… Who may not know.
    I guess the only thing to consider is a used boat in that year range may have all the upgrades/accessories (poles, jackplate, electronics etc) already installed. All the kinks should be worked out and still a few years warranty left. Speaking of cost terms it's smarter to buy used and save on all the taxes you'd have to pay on a new one.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    I guess the only thing to consider is a used boat in that year range may have all the upgrades/accessories (poles, jackplate, electronics etc) already installed. All the kinks should be worked out and still a few years warranty left. Speaking of cost terms it's smarter to buy used and save on all the taxes you'd have to pay on a new one.
    All very good points - the only argument to your sound reasoning is that some of the used boats are literally within 8-10k of a new Ranger … and you get a brand new rig w/ (hopefully) no hidden gremlins / issues & a full warranty etc etc. . But yes you def safe some $$ going used.
    Last edited by BassinLA13; 05-14-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

7. Member
    i was told 10% across the board a month ago
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    All very good points - the only argument to your sound reasoning is that some of the used boats are literally within 8-10k of a new Ranger … and you get a brand new rig w/ (hopefully) no hidden gremlins / issues & a full warranty etc etc. . But yes you def safe some $$ going used.
    You're right and that's a great point. I can't speak from experience buying a new boat but having the full warranties on everything is certainly something to weigh. I bought a used one years ago and didn't have warranty when I needed it unfortunately.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    That's crazy to think that another 8-10% rise is on the horizon...even the used ones are ridiculous. I saw a 2013 listed for $49k...almost 10 years old!!!
    I traded my 2013 520C last year because the dealer offered me $45K for it on trade. I sent them a few pictures and they made an offer. They also made me a nice deal on a new 2021 520C so couldn't resist as my local dealer couldn't get one for me at the time. My point being, they had to sell it for more than they paid me for it. Plus they came it picked it up from several states away (MO to OH).
    Last edited by schinkr1; 05-16-2022 at 09:13 AM.

10. Member
    You've got yourself a 5 star dealer right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    I traded my 2013 520C last year because the dealer offered me $45K for it on trade. I sent them a few pictures and they made an offer. They also made me a nice deal on a new 2021 520C so couldn't resist as my local dealer couldn't get one for me at the time. My point being, they had to sell it for more than they paid me for it. Plus they came it picked it up from several states away (MO to OH).

11. Member
    You aint lyin! What's the name of that dealer if you don't mind my asking schinkr?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

12. Member
    Eberliner Boats out of Hermann, MO. Dale is the owner and Artie Doer was my salesman. They advertise on BBC under the boats for sale section, which is where I found them.

I purchased a 2022 Ranger RT178 yesterday. The dealer told me the 23 models are going up around 10%.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

$5k more on a base R boat, 10% on all options.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

15. Member
    Help me understand something. I can go out and buy a brand new Z520, get a new motor, load it up with electronics, poles etc and write a check for 100k. I'll look like the cats a$$ at the ramp and on the water but be freaking out if anyone touches my boat. And be very caucious on the water not to bump a stump, log, or rock. Basically stand-off fishing......OR I can keep my 04 520, upgrade all my electronics or keep what I have. Keep my Ultrex. Keep the boat looking good and not worry about bumping something in skinny water. No check to write and/or no payment. Both boats perform almost the same, fish the same, run the same. What am I missing????

Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Help me understand something. I can go out and buy a brand new Z520, get a new motor, load it up with electronics, poles etc and write a check for 100k. I'll look like the cats a$$ at the ramp and on the water but be freaking out if anyone touches my boat. And be very caucious on the water not to bump a stump, log, or rock. Basically stand-off fishing......OR I can keep my 04 520, upgrade all my electronics or keep what I have. Keep my Ultrex. Keep the boat looking good and not worry about bumping something in skinny water. No check to write and/or no payment. Both boats perform almost the same, fish the same, run the same. What am I missing????
    Nothing.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    Nothing.
    I guess I'd be missing high insurance payment and a big dent in my retirement. And possibly getting a so-so boat.

Before I bought my 520vx, I did my research on "best bass boats ever made". Thanks to BBC and other sites. The list was short, about 5 hulls from various mfg's. I checked out each one and narrowed it down to a boat that would work for me, a 520vx. I went on the hunt and waited and one popped up locally. Great shape, low hrs, lots of extras, nice electronics, not my choice of power but its been a good motor. The 520vx is a tank! Tons more storage than any bass boat Ive ever seen. Did some upgrades. Wife and I stopped at a dealer one day and checked out some new rigs and neither one of us could really find a good reason to upgrade because there was no upgrade other than "new". We found more reasons we'd be taking a step backwards.

18. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You’re missing the point of this thread, sushi. We’re glad you like your boat. Owners of the newer models like theirs, too, and with that the original question has probably been sufficiently answered.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio