Scraps

HDS Gen 3 w/LSS2 Erroneous Temp Reading

IMG_0524.jpg

Last couple trips, I swear I started out reading correct water temp. Then both bow and console units went haywire. I've cleaned the connections on both units once, looked at the data sources and everything seems to be correct. The temp value seems to be similar to what is shown on my VV for cooling water. Ideas please.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    Are you getting your temp readings from the LSS2? Is this the only temp sensor on your boat?
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Are you getting your temp readings from the LSS2? Is this the only temp sensor on your boat?
    I am not sure. I have an individual sensor right next to the LSS2 on the transom - I assume it's a temp sensor though I can't see it as a data source. I've done a hard reset but have not bin on the water yet.
    Last edited by krindgen; 05-18-2022 at 11:47 AM.
    2017 Phoenix 819

4. Member
    You can check your temp sensors without being on the water...they should read the air temp when out of the water. If you have a temp sensor on the transom that would be the best one to read. You need to follow the cable and see if it goes to a shoot through the hull transducer (PDRT-WBL) and if so, you need to set your sonar settings to PDRT-WBL. The RT stands for Remote Temperature.

If it goes instead to a NEMA2000 network then you need to make sure your network is properly powered and working correctly. In this case the temp sensor should show up in your Data Sources.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    You can check your temp sensors without being on the water...they should read the air temp when out of the water. If you have a temp sensor on the transom that would be the best one to read. You need to follow the cable and see if it goes to a shoot through the hull transducer (PDRT-WBL) and if so, you need to set your sonar settings to PDRT-WBL. The RT stands for Remote Temperature.

If it goes instead to a NEMA2000 network then you need to make sure your network is properly powered and working correctly. In this case the temp sensor should show up in your Data Sources.
    Pretty sure that is the source I have set. That seems to work, reading the air temp. But when this started happening I would initially read the correct temp, say 57, then after awhile start reading 70, 80 and 90. That said, now I'm thinking about my network power quality. I had cleaned my connections as a first step.
    2017 Phoenix 819

6. Member
    I have the same issue. Sometimes my temp say 30 and the boat doesn't seem to be going through any ice. lol