GPS tracks deleting automatically

Newbie here, I am trying to figure out why my red tracking lines on my helix 12 are deleting. If I go a while without going back to a lake (like a month or so) my red lines aren’t there anymore. Is there a way to keep them from automatically deleting? Thanks

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    They actually don't "delete", they "wrap". There is only a certain amount of track data that can be stored and when you reach that point it starts overwriting the oldest track data with the new track data. The best thing to do, if you want to keep track data, is to save it at the end of the day. If you don't save it, it will just be overwritten over time.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    They actually don't "delete", they "wrap". There is only a certain amount of track data that can be stored and when you reach that point it starts overwriting the oldest track data with the new track data. The best thing to do, if you want to keep track data, is to save it at the end of the day. If you don't save it, it will just be overwritten over time.
    Awesome man thank you sir, that makes sense.