Thread: FedEx employees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The couple of drivers that run the route our house is on are top.notch.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Based on how I have recorded some of my packages being delivered, one could describe local drivers as “pilots”. More like drone pilots for how far they sent my packages in flight to the door.
    lol, that’s pretty funny

Fedex guys that deliver ours have been fine, ups lady is a great one too. Never had a problem with either and the 4 legged kids love the brown truck. The driver has become their best friend, she leaves them treats on the boxes when we aren’t home and they race out the door to get em when we let them out. These silly kids bark when one drives past the house but not at regular vehicles at all. Dogs may be color blind but they know the ups truck for sure.
    Last edited by Sleepy111; 05-13-2022 at 11:38 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    lol, that’s pretty funny

Fedex guys that deliver ours have been fine, ups lady is a great one too. Never had a problem with either and the 4 legged kids love the brown truck. The driver has become their best friend, she leaves them treats on the boxes when we aren’t home and they race out the door to get em when we let them out. These silly kids bark when one drives past the house but not at regular vehicles at all. Dogs may be color blind but they know the ups truck for sure.
    We had a great delivery guy with FedEx during the holidays. He was a seasonal driver that operated out of his personal SUV. I hope he got on full time with them as that was what he hoped for. Better still, I hope he replaces my current route driver. Surely I’m not the only one who’s sent in complaints with video footage. I certainly won’t be ordering any rods if FedEx is the carrier, lol!

Our UPS driver is awesome, though.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

4. Member
    I did not realize FedEx ground were franchised routes.

5. Member
    Our FedEx lady does a fine job we see her about once a week with no issues.
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

FedEx ground has the green colored "EX". The drivers work for a contractor and earn piss poor wages, with little to no vacations, or holidays, and lots of OT with few days off. That's not a good recipe for good service.

7. Member
    90% of the Ground drivers are working for less than $160/day with over 100 different stops and 150 packages. For the most part many take their job seriously and have pride in their work but lets face it, the demographic working at that rate with that much physical labor involved won't be the most considerate of your goods. In another discussion however, the investment of those route as a contractor is a pretty good play. Upwards of 45% ROI yearly with the contract/assets worth millions to resell.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlucas View Post
    90% of the Ground drivers are working for less than $160/day with over 100 different stops and 150 packages. For the most part many take their job seriously and have pride in their work but lets face it, the demographic working at that rate with that much physical labor involved won't be the most considerate of your goods. In another discussion however, the investment of those route as a contractor is a pretty good play. Upwards of 45% ROI yearly with the contract/assets worth millions to resell.
    I know with the current situation, they are under more pressure and stress to perform their job, but that is no way to treat a customer's package, I'd be happy if they at least rang the door bell before running back to their vehicle and driving away (get to the package before the "porch pirate" does).

9. Member
    Thanks for the clarification on the FedEx pay structure. I now understand why UPS drivers are always happy and FedEx guys are occasionally grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    FedEx pilots are generally happy
    Yep, my FedEx pilot buddies are pretty happy…. Although like most pilots they will bitch about little things
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

All of the delivery companies stopped ringing the doorbell here when Covid hit. FedEx ground delivered a package to me yesterday. I'd prefer they lay it fully up onto the covered porch against the house next to the door. But they laid it barely past the last step, on the edge of the porch where it's still exposed to the weather, and very visible to passerbys.

Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    they will bitch about little things
    Are they BBC members?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    FedEx ground has the green colored "EX". The drivers work for a contractor and earn piss poor wages, with little to no vacations, or holidays, and lots of OT with few days off. That's not a good recipe for good service.
    Not anymore. Previously Ground was green, Express was Orange, Freight was Red, and Custom Critical and FexEx office were blue.

Now FedEx is using the Orange Express for all divisions.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

14. Member

15. Member
    with fedex ground I've had them leave packages on the side of my house but generally they are very good as is UPS.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

16. Member
    fed ex home are contractors they are at my house all the time and do a great job for me
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

17. Member
    Typically my ups guy was much better than the FedEx guy that was different every couple of weeks. Then one day the ups guy leaves an ordered g loomis rod tube at the door with only half of it there and no rod in that.
    I boogied on down to their hq that afternoon and he admitted he thought it should be longer than 4' and something in it but he was in a hurry and left it anyway. 2 weeks later he stopped being my delivery guy and I'm not sure why.

18. Member
    My FIL is a FedEx pilot and I can attest that they may be the happiest and best taken care of in the logistics world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    FedEx pilots are generally happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12