Yeah another post on the Yough

Today I'm not going to brag about my two great days. Instead I'm going to chat a little about sportsmanship. I had spent about 7 hours on the lake in extremely wind conditions. To make matters worse i wasnt feeling very well. At this point I just wanted to get my boat on the trailer. I was fishing a point and the ramp was clearly in my view. I notice a truck and boat on the ramp for an extended time.

When I pulled into one of the two slots on the courtsy dock this guy had his Lund on the side of the dock in front of the ramp. By this time the wind had kicked up some nice waves and I just wanted to get my boat out so it didn't take too much of a beating.

The guy was struggling to contain his boat and asked if he moved it up a little could I load my boat. I explained that with current conditions I didn't want to do this. The dock was push over the one lane with the wind. I would have to make a crazy S approach in two foot rollers while missing his boat and dock. With the wind blowing the wrong way and my trailer to close to everything.

I was going to ask him to put his boat in my spot while I pulled out. But then I asked the question as I noticed the Lund was just off the assembly line. Do you need help? As it turned out his bunks were not secured to the trailer in the back. This explains why he was on the ramp so long. In addition two groups had launched and yelled at him, both great fisherman in fully decked out rigs. They never offered a hand.

Now I didn't like having my Skeeter getting bounced around in the dock but I made the decision he needed help. Sure enough the nuts were not on the bolts so they would float high enough he would not be able to load his boat. I didn't have the correct sized nuts in the truck. I came up with the solution to zip tie the bunks to the frame.
    It was a little comical as he struggled to zip tie the bunks. He was just to upset so I took control and secured the bunks.

We shaked hands and exchanged first names. It turns out Chuck had just bought the boat in Minnesota and this was the first time on the water. I'm sure my rub rail got a bruise or two but you know what in the end I was happy Chucks day was going to be a little better. I have fine words for the other jerks but that may get me banned. That little jester trumps any of the many fish I could share with you from Wednesday or Thursday.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    Nice work Wish there were more people like you. I’ve been in a bind or two on the water or at the ramp where someone was willing enough to help out or lend me advice and I in return was so grateful and appreciative. I always try to ‘pay it forward’ when I can.

3. Member
    Good job John. Doesn't take much time to help or try and lend a hand.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Always glad to see someone give me a hand like the time my motor wouldn’t start and I was out there they towed me in. Sounds like you really save his day for sure and the other idiots who just stood there.