Fuel Demand Valve

For about a year, my fuel demand valve had been leaking slowly, and discolouring the top of the tank. Been a little worse lately. Changed the valve recently to a new one that the factory sent me. No change, in fact, maybe even a bit worse. Certainly no better. Anybody got any suggestions? Fumes in bilge area worse than ever now too.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Hmm, it’s not a common issue for a 2017 though they did have a sealer kit for older tanks with this issue.

We don’t know if the newer staff is aware of the kit, though the older staff in that department should be.

3. Member
    My boat is a 2019 (Classic with plastic tank) . This is the part that I received and replaced .

DSC-0838-copy_fu.jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

There is a seal kit and it reseals the top entering parts to the tank. It was a very random leak item and more associated with overfilling on tanks. They should still have the kits in stock and one of the older hands will know this. That is the valve, though usually the leak exists below that. We don’t actually stock the FDV itself.

5. Member
    I believe you are correct as the slow leak seems to exist just between the valve and top tank parts. I’ll call service Monday and speak to Richard or Mark and get a full kit. My guess is that the problem would not exist if the system were still vented like before EPA regulations changed and not under such pressure especially in the heat.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

That would be accurate.