Question about down view-first time using

OK, I just purchased a new livescope and tried it out for the first time last night fishing for Stripers. With the transducer in down mode, I could clearly see fish, my bait and even my braided line as long as I was close to the transducer. My wife, who was fishing about 10 feet back from the transducer, was not visible. In fact, she caught a fish while I was looking at the screen and I did not see any fish or her bait as she caught it. My question is, is down view mode a thin zone from side to side like traditional down imaging? I notice as I turn my pole in different directions, different fish and bottom features change and my line and bait dissapear and reappear. A little confused and hoping someone with more experience can help me out

The beam is 135* x 20*. Anything outside of the 20* you won't see
    Screenshot_20211231-193057_YouTube.jpg

3. Member
    Thanks for the visual, that does explain why someone off the side would not show on the display

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Its not wide....in winter time i troll for crappie, using 2 jig poles out front of trolling motor (yes, i'm a rookie and can not have more than 2 poles or else it will be a cluster F) and while holding them in hands, i can clearly see jigs on one pole but the other hand i cant unless i turn the troller some......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS