No switches work

Hello, I have a 2000 triton TR21, I am having a little problem with my switches. Live wells won’t work or nav lights, have graphs and deck lights and trim still but nothing else will work. Lights on the dash won’t even come on. I have checked everything out and everything is hooked up, no breakers thrown and all fuses are good. I don’t have any power coming into my switches.. Feel free to ask the appropriate questions and I will give info on it. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Member
    Are deck lights & graphs wired direct to battery (or are the switches that control them direct wired to battery)? If so, is your master battery cutoff switch still good (mine broke & the copper contact bar fell into bilge….switch felt like it worked but no power could go through it)?

Do you have power across the bus bars under your console?
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    The deck lights are wired direct I believe, I’m not sure there is a master switch on the batteries to be honest unless it came factory. Bought the boat used and am still trying to figure everything out with it. How do I check the “bus bars”?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Pull the switch panel and look for the square plug that connects them to the main harness .......... My bet it is loose or has CORROSION.

5. Member
    Begin by Verifying that your getting power out of the circuit breakers first. Chances are you have either lost a ground, a breaker or the positive lead. Take a multimeter place it on dc volts then place one lead on battery negative then take the positive lead and place it on each side of the circuit breaker in order to make sure that voltage is going into the breaker and out of the breaker. Hope this helps. Take care
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

6. Member
    I pulled the harness apart and everything is good and tight and clean. I will check the circuit breakers here in a bit.

7. Member
    Have a ‘98 Triton and every 7-8 years there’s an automotive relay that picks up when you turn main power switch.
    Relay is located behind switch panel on mine. Cost about $25 at a auto parts store. I keep a spare on the boat

8. Member
    If you don't own a volt/ohm meter I would suggest buying one before you start running trouble. They aren't expensive and are invaluable when it comes running electrical problems.

Your problem could be in the breaker/fuse panel, those push on spade connectors will get corrosion on them and you will loose voltage. There are a number of them on that panel and the best thing to do is remove each one of them and clean and replace. when checking voltage on them make sure you check them with a load on them, a meter will not have enough load and will read 12V until a load is applied!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2