Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marine Master Trailers

Im looking at a new 920 Elite and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the Marine Master trailers. I have to tow my rig down the interstate 50 plus miles each way to go to the lake. Just trying to check all the boxes before i pull the trigger. Any feedback good or bad is appreciated.

2. Member
    I don’t have any information on marine masters but give Ameritrail a call before u commit. Good luck

3. Member
    I have had my 920 elite for two years and no problems with the trailer. I upgraded to bigger wheels, shocks, and dual brakes though. I've been told if you go bigger wheels shocks are a must.... I really wish Phoenix would build their trailers in house though. Marine master trailers are average compared to some competitor trailers.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

4. Member
    how do you like the 920 elite so far?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgixxer99 View Post
    how do you like the 920 elite so far?
    I really like it. Pros for me: Slam latches, wide front deck, low gunnels, layout and use of space, smooth ride, and fishability. Cons: Power outlets next to driver seat are in a bad location IMO, The seats lean too far back (2022 seats have been leaned forward for more straight up feel), passenger rod box with spinning setups not so good. Things I would change if I ordered a new one: Seadek in the cockpit, two twelves at console instead of one fifteen, and 52" trolling motor shaft instead of 45"
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

6. Member
    if you are able to search the forum you will find numerous threads on this topic.

If I had to summerize- trailer not as good as the boat. Trailers tow great; I tow mine 1000 each way to florida. Issues seem to be spotty initial quality and one off problems. Most to all would not let the trailer keep them from a purchase.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. Scraps
    Poor electrical grounding scheme, grounding lug attached to trailer after paint and Gatorhyde, loses connection soon as the ground corroded; seized calipers, blown Vault hubs. All known problems and similar to any other trailer that has to use Dexter parts. That said, I wouldn't let it scare you away from a good deal on a great boat.
    Last edited by krindgen; 05-14-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    Mine is a 2014 model. I have no problems. My nearest that i fish often is 50 miles the others are about 120 miles.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

9. Member
    I purchased a 2021 921 Elite in February and I had the same questions/concerns that you do. I reached out to Marine Master prior to purchasing. Tammi and Kelly are the customer service contacts and have been in the trailer business for years. I explained my concerns about quality to Tammi and she answered all of my questions. She is also a BBC member and hasn’t tried to cover up, justify, or pass blame to some of the issues that they have had in the past. 7 weeks ago someone pulled out too far in a turn lane and clipped my port side fender damaging not only the fender but also the wheels. I reached out to Tammi and my experience was very good. She explained the process as well as the timeline and kept me updated throughout the repair process. She answered the phone every time that I called. My repair was completed a week earlier than promised and she even arranged for me to pick my boat up after hours. I have been in Rangers since 2008. I highly recommend shocks. The boat tows great…much better than what I’m used to. The majority of the lakes I fish are 1-5 hours from my house. I don’t fish much in August so I plan have my trailer serviced every year. That may be unnecessary, but to me it’s worth the piece of mind and I love the performance and fishability of the boat enough to go through the hassle of towing it in once a year. Don’t let the trailer stop you from buying a Phoenix. I think you will be very happy.

10. Member
    BIGBOY I like the idea of annual service and inspection

where do you get your trailer serviced and what does the annual service consist of?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    BIGBOY I like the idea of annual service and inspection

where do you get your trailer serviced and what does the annual service consist of?
    I’m a little less than 2 hours from Marine Master so I will have it serviced there. I’m sure that you can select whatever you want… but I want the brakes,bearings,shocks, axles and wiring inspected.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    I have had my 920 elite for two years and no problems with the trailer. I upgraded to bigger wheels, shocks, and dual brakes though. I've been told if you go bigger wheels shocks are a must.... I really wish Phoenix would build their trailers in house though. Marine master trailers are average compared to some competitor trailers.
    Marine Master builds trailers for several competitors as well.

13. Member
    Marine Master makes trailers for other bass boat manufacturers as well. It's all the same stuff.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lee View Post
    Marine Master makes trailers for other bass boat manufacturers as well. It's all the same stuff.
    Yes they do. These trailers are hit and miss though. I'm almost wondering if it's lack of care.... I've never had an issue with mine.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Yes they do. These trailers are hit and miss though. I'm almost wondering if it's lack of care.... I've never had an issue with mine.
    the issues I had were lack of caring and or skill imo. materials used seem to be fine. hit or miss is likely accurate. Just depends on who in on staff in a given day.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

16. Member
    Isn’t the marine master facility right beside the Phoenix plant? If so, is that where you are having your trailer serviced?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Isn’t the marine master facility right beside the Phoenix plant? If so, is that where you are having your trailer serviced?
    Yes…that’s correct It’s actually just a few miles from the Phoenix plant.

18. Member
    Ok good to know. When I get 4-5 years on mine will look into it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgixxer99 View Post
    Im looking at a new 920 Elite and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the Marine Master trailers. I have to tow my rig down the interstate 50 plus miles each way to go to the lake. Just trying to check all the boxes before i pull the trigger. Any feedback good or bad is appreciated.
    I tow my 919 about 75 miles each way every weekend with 90% highway speeds. I did was change the tires to Goodyear Endurance and switched the hubs to grease . Zero issues in 3 years
    Risen From The Ashes!!

20. Member
    When you get your boat take it to a tire shop to have the tires balanced, they don’t balance them from the factory. After that you be good to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast