Thread: Rangefinders

Rangefinders

Do you use one? If so which one? pro's & con's? I've been using an app on my phone and it works but, I'm just tired of having to carry it around in my pocket while playing. Started looking at rangefinders and I have a couple gift cards to academy. My gosh these things aren't cheap . Any suggestions on a middle of the road brand/type to buy. I would like to pay $149 or so but I would say $200 or less if there is such a thing.
    Thank you, Chad V

2. Member
    I bought a Symaniot off of amazon and love it. it has the slope feature also. My buddy has a 300 buck bushnell and was just as accurate as his. 90 bucks on amazon

3. Member
    Following this. I've been looking too.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

I just use 18 birdies app. Buddies use range finders, yardage on my home course comparing has been + - 1 yard or so.

Been using the mileseey with slope feature, can't play without it anymore. It's not an expensive rangefinder (ebay) and has helped lower more score. Kinda like fishing without a depth finder.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I bought a Sig a few years ago. Its been great. no issues at all.

7. Member
    I use a Garmin golf watch. Works like a champ.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    I use a Garmin golf watch. Works like a champ.
    Ditto.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrochad View Post
    Do you use one? If so which one? pro's & con's? I've been using an app on my phone and it works but, I'm just tired of having to carry it around in my pocket while playing. Started looking at rangefinders and I have a couple gift cards to academy. My gosh these things aren't cheap . Any suggestions on a middle of the road brand/type to buy. I would like to pay $149 or so but I would say $200 or less if there is such a thing.
    Thank you, Chad V
    There are a lot of plus and minus with each. I normally just leave the phone with the cart and I love the available to get a birds eye view of the hole with distance to hazards etc. I do want a rangefinder for Green approaches and slope. Takes a lot out of the guessing game

I bought a rangefinder of Amazon for around 100, think the brand name was like gogoo or something like that. It has the option for slope which is really nice.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB