Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Looked at it, read about and get the overall concept
    Talked to my invester, He said it not's a bad thing if it's 3-5% of the investments and I like it

For me, Hell no
    I'll buy gold and silver on dips with the 3-5% or keep cash in the safe.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    Looked at it, read about and get the overall concept
    Talked to my invester, He said it not's a bad thing if it's 3-5% of the investments and I like it

For me, Hell no
    I'll buy gold and silver on dips with the 3-5% or keep cash in the safe.
    $10,000 in gold invested in 2010 would be roughly $13,000 end of 2021, $100 in Bitcoin invested in 2010 would be over $7 billion end of 2021. Good call on the gold...
    Last edited by Mark Jones; 05-17-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    $10,000 in gold invested in 2010 would be roughly $13,000 end of 2021, $100 in Bitcoin invested in 2010 would be over $7 billion end of 2021. Good call on the gold...
    I get that
    I just can't buy air or a computer file
    My thought is, It's a long run until the end. And will see were it ends up in 20 years

4. Member
    FWIW.

From Marty Bent BTC magazine article May 17. https://bitcoinmagazine.com/culture/...of-their-money

"Bitcoin provides the ability for individuals to receive, save, and send money in a self sovereign fashion. Stomaching volatility is worth the level of control that no other exchange system on the planet can provide. Every other monetary system wants to control you. Bitcoin takes that control away and hands it to you. I control my keys, so no one can prevent me from sending or receiving. I can verify that my bitcoin exists on my computer. I can hold that bitcoin for as long as I want without the risk of a bank or payment processor denying me access to my funds because of the particular time of day, my political views, or the need for a bail-in of the failing central banking system. I can create and send a payment in 30 seconds. I believe more individuals will recognize this utility as time goes on." - Bent

2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Cash is king but yes, I've invested in 20+ different crypto coins including bitcoin. I've watched it go up, and I've watched it go down. No different than my 401K and stock investments over the years. Am I concerned? Not a bit. For now I'm still in the black. If you don't think all transactions and spending won't be pushed to a digital world currency someday then you're not paying attention. This is the main reason I'm into crypto. Wanted to beat the rush when that day comes with already established digital accounts. Unlike stocks, digital coins are being mined and traded 24/7/365. Maybe a for naught pipe dream, but I would love to wake up one day and see one of the coins I paid penny's for valued in dollars.

6. Member
    We should let the Luna coin investors chime in with some real world data. This could be the beginning of the dnd or just natural selection. Only time will tell.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    I get that
    I just can't buy air or a computer file
    My thought is, It's a long run until the end. And will see were it ends up in 20 years
    In the end, you would be set for this life and the next 100 if you bought 100 worth in 2010.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody60 View Post
    You have to use real money to buy fake money....sounds logical to me.
    I’ve been trying to tell others that I just don’t get it…and this says it better!

9. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    In the end, you would be set for this life and the next 100 if you bought 100 worth in 2010.
    Yep, and just think if you would have thrown a thousand bucks at BC in 2010 when it was $.09. You would be sitting on a cool $372M in todays dollars. A buddy tried to get me to invest back then but like many, I was skeptical and hesitated. Because I was reluctant to jump in he didn't roll with it either. He still got in a few years before I did and has done quite well. Any investment is a gamble and I ain't scared.
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 05-19-2022 at 09:15 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    We should let the Luna coin investors chime in with some real world data. This could be the beginning of the dnd or just natural selection. Only time will tell.
    Here is how the Luna, Terra and other NON-BTC pump and dump schemes work. Thought it was a pretty good explanation.....

2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

11. Member
    If your main understandings of blockchain are relegated to crap coins and monetary value storage then you arent understanding it as clearly and will likely miss what the potential is.

Serialization and end to end guarantee of transaction/clearances as well as authentications happen on the blockchain. You will see the use cases soon..mark the post by the end of fiscal 2024 you will very clearly start to know what the potential and pathway is.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post
    If your main understandings of blockchain are relegated to crap coins and monetary value storage then you arent understanding it as clearly and will likely miss what the potential is.

Serialization and end to end guarantee of transaction/clearances as well as authentications happen on the blockchain. You will see the use cases soon..mark the post by the end of fiscal 2024 you will very clearly start to know what the potential and pathway is.
    But do you necessarily need bitcoin and other cryptos in order to utilize blockchain? They could digitize the dollar or the financial institutions could adopt blockchain to clear transactions quicker as well. That is the big question for me.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    But do you necessarily need bitcoin and other cryptos in order to utilize blockchain? They could digitize the dollar or the financial institutions could adopt blockchain to clear transactions quicker as well. That is the big question for me.
    I would prefer to invest in the technology versus a particular coin
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

14. Member
    Explanation of Bitcoin mining by a computer engineer. Simple, straightforward.

2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

15. Member
    I don't get crypto at the moment but really would like to know more about it. I heard from many people that trading cryptos is another profitable thing and checking the options of getting a poland crypto license in the nearest future. If someone would like to share their experience in trading, that would be great. Also would like to know what kind of mistakes should i avoid at the beginning.
    Last edited by RockOn; 07-04-2022 at 08:33 AM.

16. Member
    Another good one is NFT's! It's mindblowing the $$$$$ people spend on NFT's...they are complete BS, talk about a giant PONZIE scheme!
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    Another good one is NFT's! It's mindblowing the $$$$$ people spend on NFT's...they are complete BS, talk about a giant PONZIE scheme!

NFT's are a hell of a lot more than stupid monkey jpegs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234