Thread: Keypad issues

Keypad issues

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 ranger z521.
    First time using the keypad after winter. Keypad lights up. I turn on the keypad and nothing works. No pumps, no livewells, no lights. And no power to the bow pad.

I dropped the boar in the water. The boat will start and stop. But no other features work. I called ranger and ordered a new keypad and Blackbox.

1-has anyone had this issue before?
    2- not having any power on the front bow keypad
    3- any chance on re setting the key pad
    4- will my auto bilge work with no keypad
    5- i noticed that my keypad would light up regardless of the 30amp breaker in the back. I purchased this boat used. Shouldn't the keypad be hooked up to a shutoff in the back of the boat?

Thanks

2. Member
    My 08 Z does this occasionally. I believe its a relay switch not engaging inside the black brain box under the driver console. Ive found that cycling through the startup process will eventually get it to fully energize. Enter the code, hit start, and if nothing, re-enter the code and hit stop. Try this a few times. Youll be able to hear it when it does engage and all the gauges will energize. You can almost feel it engage in the dash. Also check for corrosion at the blackbox's positive and ground connections under the dash. Ive read they are temperamental about it. Good to hear theyre still available. I need to order the set. Can you give an idea of the cost of the black box and keypad?
    Last edited by Maackbass; 05-13-2022 at 11:21 AM.

3. Member
    Auto bilge is wired to a constant power circuit so it will power up when the float switch in it is closed. A good way to check it is with a garden hose in the bilge area. Fill it until it kicks on...if it doesnt kick on its time for a new bildge pump or a you have a bad circuit

4. Member
    The new keypad and Blackbox is 800 In change. Backorder until the end of the month

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maackbass View Post
    Auto bilge is wired to a constant power circuit so it will power up when the float switch in it is closed. A good way to check it is with a garden hose in the bilge area. Fill it until it kicks on...if it doesnt kick on its time for a new bildge pump or a you have a bad circuit
    Thanks, I will try that.

6. Member
    Cool thanks for the info!