Banned

Is it bothersome?

That that is no archeological evidence that 2 or 3 million Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years?

2. Member
    Not at all. My faith does not require hard evidence to be believed. In the Gospel of John, there is a story about one of the twelve, Thomas, who said he would not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead, unless he could see the holes in His hands and put his hand in the wound in Jesus' side.

The Gospel of John Chapter 20 Verses 24-29

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"

Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

You see. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). I don't have to have a scientist tell me something happened. God told me it did. That's good enough for me.

“For those with faith, no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice.” ―
    St. Thomas Aquinas

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    Not at all. My faith does not require hard evidence to be believed. In the Gospel of John, there is a story about one of the twelve, Thomas, who said he would not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead, unless he could see the holes in His hands and put his hand in the wound in Jesus' side.

The Gospel of John Chapter 20 Verses 24-29

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"

Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

You see. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). I don't have to have a scientist tell me something happened. God told me it did. That's good enough for me.

“For those with faith, no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice.” ―
    St. Thomas Aquinas

And all of God's people said: Amen
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    That that is no archeological evidence that 2 or 3 million Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years?
    What evidence would be left over from egypt to israel? Are you assuming archeologists have found the majority that has been left almost 4000 years ago? Have you seen the sand storms over there? What about all the evidence we do have of egypt, israel and other nations that are related? Not sure of your source, but there is more evidence than you realize and you are simply ignorant of it.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    What evidence would be left over from egypt to israel? there is more evidence than you realize and you are simply ignorant of it.
    Mram,
    you hit that nail straight on again. There is many in the world today which exhibit this type of behavior about many other thing, especially relating to Christianity.

6. Member
    Rex, keep these questions coming. It helps all of us because I am constantly questioned by atheists regarding topics like this. It might even show you the decision to believe the Bible and serve God is not simply "being raised in it", as you have mentioned many times :) it is thought out and backed scientifically and logically. Curious, what evidence would we expect to find in a desert from 3500 years ago?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Rex, keep these questions coming. It helps all of us because I am constantly questioned by atheists regarding topics like this. It might even show you the decision to believe the Bible and serve God is not simply "being raised in it", as you have mentioned many times :) it is thought out and backed scientifically and logically. Curious, what evidence would we expect to find in a desert from 3500 years ago?
    I guess, the same evidence we find from dinosaurs, 60 million years ago.

8. Banned
    Dust to dust … mic drop lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    I guess, the same evidence we find from dinosaurs, 60 million years ago.
    Fossils? That requires a lot of water and sediment to make. Not an option at that time.

10. Member
    There is much evidence to support a 13th-century BC exodus, and in about 1200 B.C. scores of agricultural villages appeared in the central hill country of Canaan. Archaeological remains of 97 new villages have been found so far, built on previously uninhabited land. Both the architecture of the houses and the pottery found in these villages are different from that found in earlier periods.
    The Bible tells us that when the Israelites came to Canaan, they settled in the hill country: "Their God is a God of the hill country," says the king of Aram (1 Kings 20:23).
    If these hilltop villages represent the emergence of Israel, then the exodus from Egypt would have occurred in about 1240 B.C.