Some wiring help

I have a unused accessory switch that I want to use for controlling something. When I looked behind the panel I found this and have no idea what is what here. There are five wires attached to the switch. Black I imagine is ground, white is tied with all others and capped so probably not used. That leaves red, green, and blue. Any ideas how it is wired? I found a wiring diagram online but don't quite understand it. Where should I tap into power? IMG_2078.JPGIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2079.JPG
    Last edited by jerzia; 05-13-2022 at 01:33 AM.

2. Member
    Why not probe with voltage tester to find your required circuit? Make sure the amp load of what your powering doesn’t exceed your switch.

Im not an electrician, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.!!

3. Member
    That’s a single pole double throw (SPDT) switch being used as a single pole single throw (on/off). You can wire your 12v source to the blue common wire, & your load to the green normally open wire. The red to 12v and black to ground for the led to light when you turn whatever on.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiNuts View Post
    That’s a single pole double throw (SPDT) switch being used as a single pole single throw (on/off). You can wire your 12v source to the blue common wire, & your load to the green normally open wire. The red to 12v and black to ground for the led to light when you turn whatever on.
    I am using this switch for a night vision camera. The switch led is already powered and fused. My camera has only red and black wires. Obviously the black is ground, but should the red go to the green?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I am using this switch for a night vision camera. The switch led is already powered and fused. My camera has only red and black wires. Obviously the black is ground, but should the red go to the green?
    Yes, camera red to switch green. Wire it just like TiNuts explained.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coho975 View Post
    Yes, camera red to switch green. Wire it just like TiNuts explained.
    Big thanks!

TiNuts is exactly right on wiring. Don't use the blue automotive connectors, get the marine grade. Keeps you from crimping a seam!

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiNuts View Post
    That did not work. Wired red wire from camera to green wire, camera on without turning on the switch.

9. Member
    Ended up calling Charger, which saved a bunch of time. There were pigtails buried behind the switch panel that are already wired to the switch.