Thread: HDS Live - Ipad

HDS Live - Ipad

Today I picked up a HDS live and the Bass Pro rep noted that I could use two xducers on the unit and project one xducer on the screen and the other xducer on an Ipad. Is this true... or did I fall for the sales tactic? I was debating on getting the FS9, but the salesman's comments pushed me to get the HDS live.

2. Member
    No, you can not have one image on the HDS and another on your tablet. The tablet mirrors whatever you have on the HDS. (This functionality is the exact same on HDS Live and Elite FS.) Yes, you can have two transducers connected to one HDS Live (while you can only have one on Elite FS.)

More on HDS Live VS Elite FS: https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/202...rance-hds.html

3. Member
    You can mirror the carbon too, I do it often. It doesn't have to be an ipad, my android tablet works perfectly.

4. Member
    You can mirror to an iPad but only mirror - you can not see a seperate transducer from what is on the screen of the Live/Carbon, etc.

5. Member
    For those that mirror the screen to an iPad.. is it smooth? I've thought about doing this just for my partner to look at. I already have an iPad... so I guess I could give it a shot.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    For those that mirror the screen to an iPad.. is it smooth? I've thought about doing this just for my partner to look at. I already have an iPad... so I guess I could give it a shot.
    Yes it is.

7. Member
    So just to be clear, you can display two different sonar transducers at the same time on your screen by using split screen. Then you can mirror this on your tablet or phone screen. In this manner you can see two transducers on your iPad at the same time, but both need to be displayed on your LIVE first. Also realize that depending on your depth and transducer location, you will likely get some crosstalk interference on the screen although showing two transducers can be very helpful even with crosstalk.
    ciao,
    Marc