Humminbird helix 2D questions

Hey guys I have a question about the 2D sonar on my boat. I have a Helix 10 G2N chirp DI unit on the bow with the built ultrex transducer connected at the moment. I have a helix 12 mega SI on the console with a shoot thru transducer epoxied inside the boat (Y cable for SI).

The problem I am having is a very weak return on my 2D sonar with both units on separate ducers. It doesn’t show near the detail that DI shows. (Hard structure or bait/fish) I have cycled through all the frequencies and changed the modes to try and get a better picture to no avail. If you wouldn’t mind sharing some of your settings for 2D I would greatly appreciate it!

The only adjustment I do for 2D is changing the color and I turn on White Line Bottom View.
    Post some screen shots, especially a dual view of 2D/DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I tried to attach a picture from my phone and have to adjust the size some how. I’ll do some digging on how to do that. What frequency are you getting the strongest returns?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnson52 View Post
    I tried to attach a picture from my phone and have to adjust the size some how. I’ll do some digging on how to do that. What frequency are you getting the strongest returns?
    Of the three standard frequencies for those two units----83 khz, 200 kHz, 455 kHz, the 83 kHz would have the strongest returns since lower frequencies have more Depth capability.
    If you are using a Minnkota built-in MDI transducer and have the DI unit set to use HW CHIRP, then its pulse strength is similar to 200 kHz since the CHIRP range is 140-240 kHz.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL