Thread: GM

GM

Any one looking at this stock??
    Any opinions in starting a position?

Thank you y'all

2. Member
    Buy. It's absolutely in the correct position, short and long term.
    GM has the luxury, and Ford, of using ICE sales to support EVs.
    And you'll never erase the GM, or Ford, legacy from Americans.
    Plus they've signed Honda/Acura onto the company's batteries.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't trust Mary Barra. She says things that are demonstrably untrue. Nobody has been able to see, verify or test their "ultium battery tech".
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Nobody has been able to see, verify or test their "ultium battery tech".
    Honda has been spending $ with GM for over two years on the battery technology.
    Do you believe Honda hasn't been able to see, verify, touch, wiggle or test yet??

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Honda has been spending $ with GM for over two years on the battery technology.
    Do you believe Honda hasn't been able to see, verify, touch, wiggle or test yet??

GM partnered with Nikola that was a complete fraud. Volkswagen, as well as other auto manufacturers has spent hundreds of millions if not billions and a decade working with Quantum Scape, with no real world battery, just a small prototype in a lab. The EV and battery space is riddled with big promises and big breakthroughs that turned out to be nothing. Until it's verifiable in the real world it doesn't exist as promised
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    I think it's a buy too

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    GM partnered with Nikola that was a complete fraud. Volkswagen, as well as other auto manufacturers has spent hundreds of millions if not billions and a decade working with Quantum Scape, with no real world battery, just a small prototype in a lab. The EV and battery space is riddled with big promises and big breakthroughs that turned out to be nothing. Until it's verifiable in the real world it doesn't exist as promised
    The partnership between GM and Nikola was mostly based on the hydrogen fuel, which GM had developed many yrs ego at the Rochester Delphi subsidiary in Rush, NY plant. The original Nikola CEO turned out to be full of BS, and GM sold that plant to Plug Power, which is doing well and adding employment to the local area.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about hydrogen fuel, since when I attended the invite by Delphi, at that time being our sister company, I thought it was just a pipe dream, but now many yrs later, it is as true as the air we breath. Go figure!