Boat shipping question

I’m looking to buying a boat from Missouri and I live in ohio I was just curious if anybody had their boat shipped once they bought them and on average how much it would cost with today’s gas prices and everything I was wondering if it’s cheaper to ship it rather than drive down and get it

2. Member
    no way I would buy a boat without touching it and seeing it first in person!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Yes I did. Contact thayers marine in Connecticut. They can tell u how to do that. They sent mine when I bought it

4. Member
    It is simple. I used Uship. Someone hooks it up and drives it out. The guy who did mine was great. Kept me updated. Drove my boat from TN to CO with no issues.

Made financial sense to me. I bought a showroom condition used boat from a private seller I trusted. Didn't seem risky to me, but I did my due diligence.

I think I paid like $1600 from TN to CO. Some of the lower end quotes were $1200. That was a year ago.

5. Member
    Awesome thanks for all the input