Thread: LVS32 vs LVS34

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LVS32 vs LVS34

I am still waiting on the LVS34 (and GLS10) that I have ordered. With this time, I’ve been mulling over the idea of saving $400 and getting the LVS32 system.

Those who now have had both, or at least, fished with both. . . Is the LVS34 worth the extra $400 for a guy with a wife on a budget. Or. . . Would I still be happy with the images on the LVS32. I crappie fish, so the extra range is not plus for me. I am just looking to get some clear images when I drop my jig down. I’ve watched all the comparison videos, and I’m now considering the LVS32.

Am I wanting to be talked into the LVS32 to save some money, sure. . . But if the LVS34 is THAT much better, maybe I’ll wait.

Thanks!

2. Member
    You will get a lot of different oppionions. My experience I haven't used it yet but my neighbor spent the extra and bought the new one and I bought his old 32. He's pissed cause he says he can't tell the difference. Now this just may be him but it's my story lol

3. Member
    Yeah. That’s the kinda thing I want to hear. Just peoples thoughts. I know there will be different thoughts, I’m just wanting a few responses from those who have used both.

Thanks.

4. Member
    I haven’t had either, so I can’t help you there beyond I’m sure you’ll be happy with either one. The 32 has been the standard and it’s not like it got any worse because the 34 came out. However, if it’s just your wife on the budget then go for the 34!

5. Member
    Like has been said, you will get alot of different opinons. I am running 2 LVS32's (one forward and one perspective), and with the new software update, it ROCKS. A buddy of mine is running the LVS34 and honestly, we can't see any real differences, let alone $400 worth. I pondered getting the LVS34's, but after seeing his and mine side by side, I am happy with my setup and see no need to upgrade. We also crappie fish, so that extra range is not needed. My livescanner will be here on saturday, and I can finally get the setup complete the way I want it. I was running a pole from Dub L Seat (still going to use the terrova mount and bracket for the livescanner), but with alot of trial and error, and WASTED money (started off with ram mounts and went with Cornfield Fishing Gear mounts) and time (due to Dub L Seat's lack of customer service and excuses), my setup will finally be complete.

I will be posting pics of my setup once I get it all back together this weekend.

6. Member
    Great info deep-v. I appreciate that. And Ve3xti. . . When mama’s on a budget, so am I.

I have the go ahead, but I know she would be happier not spending $1,700. And you know the old saying, when mama’s happy. . .

thanks for the info guys.

I run two 32's without issues, but if you go with them and get one with a dead zone, you won't be happy crappie fishing. If you haven't yet heard of some with the dead zone, search the forum for it. The 34 supposedly doesn't have any (yet) with this issue. For that reason alone, I would say get the 34.
    Buy right, cry once, buy wrong, cry every time you use it!

8. Member
    I am not an expert but I see what I see. With the new one can see a jerk bait at 90 ft and never lose it all the way back to the boat. The old one work great but there was a dead spot for sure. In my opinion the new one is worth it depending on how you fish. Most of the videos you see online are done at 15 to 20 ft forward distance and at that distance you can't tell much difference.
    No more ghost tree, but it never bothered me on the old one.

My son has spent 1,000 plus hours with the old one and caught lots of big bags with it. He immediately saw the difference with the new one and thinks it's worth it.

9. Banned
    for $400 it's a no-brainer to me. $400 is nothing

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    With the latest update, it really cleaned up the LVS 32 image but I'll say the perspective mode image is alot better on the 34. Only taken the 34 out once to test after installing. If you are starting off new with everything, then IMO i say wait for the 34.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Yeah, the ghost tree dead spot is why I was wanting to go with the 34. I do like staying up with the technology and if I go with the 32, I’m buy old tech. I’m still heavily leaning on the 34, I just thought I’d get some opinions. Thanks for the responses.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    With the latest update, it really cleaned up the LVS 32 image but I'll say the perspective mode image is alot better on the 34. Only taken the 34 out once to test after installing. If you are starting off new with everything, then IMO i say wait for the 34.
    Wow, you got a 34? You snuck that one in on us, ,.

13. Member
    You'll probably save closer to $800.00 if you can pick up a good used 32.

14. Member
    I’m mainly a crappie fisherman. I’ve had the 32 and have put a lot of time on the water with it. My buddy just bought the 34 and he asked me to set it up.After time with his. I’ve ordered the 34.Honestly I can see the difference and In electronics I think it’s best to buy the newest technology. Oh and I’m not married. Good Luck!!!

15. Member
    I upgraded because from May to December, I exclusively livescope fish. While the new one is better/cleaner/sharper, it isn't that much. I doubt I catch even one more fish because of it. It's just a slightly better experience over all.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

16. Member
    Graphs are like computers, old technology after 12 months.
    Buy the latest you can afford when purchasing.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Wow, you got a 34? You snuck that one in on us, ,.
    Well, yeah, but doesnt do any good when you cant get the boat in the water......I need to retire like some of the guys on here so i can fish more.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

18. Member
    I'll happily update you tomorrow... just got it on and opener is tomorrow

IMG_20220509_165103_01.jpg
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well, yeah, but doesnt do any good when you cant get the boat in the water......I need to retire like some of the guys on here so i can fish more.......
    You and me both brother .

20. Banned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast