Thread: LVS32 vs LVS34

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks for the responses guys. I do agree that in the electronics game, if you’re starting out new, go for the latest. I really appreciate your input.

I’m gonna let it ride and wait for the LVS34. That $1700 will only hurt once.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. I do agree that in the electronics game, if you’re starting out new, go for the latest. I really appreciate your input.

Just based on what I've seen... you're probably making the right decision
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

3. Member

Definitely the right decision

4. Member
    My follow up post! I didn't screw with settings all that much, mainly because out of the box was incredibly clear, but I will mess with them some more. In the meantime lvs34 is a upgrade, it's not a massive upgrade, but an upgrade all the same. Clarity and target separation are very clearly better, and range of that clarity is substantially better (was watching a 3/8oz dropshot from 80 feet away and could see worm and weight separately)!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

5. Member
    Awesome. A Good Update is worth the $400. I’m just now getting impatient. I can’t wait to get out on the water with it. Thanks BarBack.

I trust these guys. From Russel Marine, at my home lake... LVS32 vs LVS34 on the water comparison....

7. Member
    Awesome. A Good Update is worth the $400. I’m just now getting impatient. I can’t wait to get out on the water with it. Thanks BarBack.
    I will say this is the livescope you want if you don't want to change settings every foot of water change you go through! I mean I almost left it on out of box settings they were that good... and you can finally use livescope effectively in less than 5 feet of water in weeds... it's a great unit.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

8. Member
    Who knows how long garmin will update the 32 so if I was buying new I would get the 3

9. Member
    I run the 32 , black box version 2.0. I have been real pleased with mine. I have had mine about 3 yrs now. Have seen some viedos and I have a friendwho has a 34. My current thoughts are just to upgrade its not worth it since my 32 is still working flawlessly. On the other hand if mine tears up I'd definitely want the newest(34]., or what is current. You can bet Garmin has probably already got something else in the works.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    Has anyone had any trouble stowing the motor with the 34. My neighbor got one put it on his ultrex and now says as I understand it it's hitting something with stowing the motor. He had the 32 before which I bought.

1st time out today with the LVS34. Loved it. Used settings Youtuber Garmin Guru recommended and never touch the settings all day, and caught more fish than I have in a long time locating them on the bottom. Clean screen, better separation, see fish on the bottom better, further range, see my bait better, no ghost tree, no star rays.

12. Member
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

I think I have seen your LVS32 that good within that 25’ forward distance. Is that your 32 or 34?
    Great image

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

14. Member
    That's the 34. The wind had picked up, so I struggled to get a good pick. I guess I need to learn to do screen shots.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

15. Member
    I’m strictly crappie. Generally, I’m open water looking for roaming fish, but occasionally I’ll pull up on structure. Maybe 5% of the time. I cast, pitch and long pole to give you an idea of how I fish. I’ve run a 32 for about 16 months and honestly, I’m pretty dang good with it. The dead spots is what really pushed me to get the 34. Even after the latest updates which helped a lot, but did not solve all my issues I’ve run 2 trips now with the 34. A 7 hour and a 2 hour trip. Here’s my take.

dead spots - none on the 34
    ghost tree - almost 100% gone. That said, never really bothered me on the 32 except where they promoted a dead spot.
    target separation - this is where the 34 shines the brightest. I can tell at 50’ whether it’s a potential target or a small group of shad together. Big time saver.
    clairity - about a toss up with the edge to the 34.

Im still tweaking. Got a zero degree in order. 8 degree sucks. I also need to address the angle of attack. The standard 8 degree and im sure the 0 degree mount has set clicks. I want a half a click more upward attack angle. But ill
    whip that.

Wannabe…

16. Member
    WannabeToo I’m at about the same experience level as you are and probably fish some of the same Mississippi lakes. Everything you said is exactly what I’m seeing. I too have run the zero degree mount with the LSV32 and going that route with the LSV34. Where did you get your Zero mount. THANKS

17. Member
    Are y’all noticing your bait and targets showing smaller close to the boat on the 34?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Are y’all noticing your bait and targets showing smaller close to the boat on the 34?
    I've seen this myself and have heard from several others. It is a real issue!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I've seen this myself and have heard from several others. It is a real issue!
    I guess I wasn’t imagining things. I will say though, in that 40-70 ft range, things were better than ever. I could see my jerkbait 80 ft out. But when I started crappie fishing close range, I wasn’t as impressed.

20. Member
    I'm not seeing that. Are you guys using the canted mount or 0 degree mount? I'm using 0 degree. Here is what I'm seeing. I'm going to repeat this and run the range down to 30 ft and try to get a good recording 0-30 ft. I'll also try to record almost to 0. I can't go all the way to 0 without risking tangling into the line but should be able to get to 2 ft okay. That will make it easier to see size differences in the returns. I did this earlier and posted it here:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post12357477
    I'm using 1/16 oz symmetric sinkers spaced appx 2 ft apart. I cherry pick the best returns I get at each of the distances shown and copy and paste them on one screenshot. I'm kinda tied up for the next few days but should have something within a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast