Expride 7'3 XH uses...

I have one of these rods and love it. Of course, it is perfect as a frog rod. The rod loads up and casts so well, I have been throwing baits like a 6 inch Magdraft on it. For folks who have this rod, what other techniques besides frogging do you use it for? I have an Adrena 7'4 H and wondering if I need both.

2. Member
    Yep great frog rod and I also punch mats with mine. Handles up to 2 ounce weights like a champ

3. Member
    I have used mine for swim jigs as well. I'm really liking the rod and am thinking of picking up another one.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

4. Member
    The 74h Adrena isn't even close to comparable to the 73xh Expride. The Expride is a broomstick in comparison. I have 2 73xh and use one for hollow body frogs full time and the other for swimbaits that use the Owner beast hook like the Big EZs. I also like it for pitching jigs and heavy T-rigs in thick vegetation.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    The 74h Adrena isn't even close to comparable to the 73xh Expride. The Expride is a broomstick in comparison. I have 2 73xh and use one for hollow body frogs full time and the other for swimbaits that use the Owner beast hook like the Big EZs. I also like it for pitching jigs and heavy T-rigs in thick vegetation.
    What do you use the Adrena for?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    What do you use the Adrena for?
    I used mine for 1/2 -3/4 jigs, flipping moderate cover up to 1 oz., and larger swim baits.

The 7’4”H Adrena is a crazy sensitive rod so I liked it for bottom contact stuff a lot.

It also made a decent deep cranker oddly enough.

7. Member
    I use my 7’3” XH Expride for frogs. It casts SUPER far, and has tons of power. If you are looking for a frog rod with a soft tip, this is not the rod for you. For me, I love it, super light, well balanced (rare for a XH rod), and you can drag fish out of the thickest of cover. Super powerful hooksets at great distances.